Chapter 16

Aadhi was shaken back into reality from the perfect moment by Sakthi's voice.

Sakthi: Ippo purinjudcha?

Aadhi was grinning with happiness and excitement. He never thought this day would become so special in his life. He quickly pulled her into a hug which was filled with so much love.

Aadhi whispered is his base voice, "I can't wait to show you how much I love you Sakthi".

"You have a lifetime for that" Sakthi responded in her melting angelic voice.

It took so much convincing from Sakthi to make him go and rest for the night. After a long debate, he finally agreed to make a move. Both dozed off thinking of each other with the memory of the night etched in their thoughts for eternity.

It was about 7 AM when Aadhi woke up. He quickly went to check on her and found her sleeping like a baby cuddling her side pillow. He sat beside her watching when Devi ma walked in. He gestured that she was still sleeping and slowly walked out without making a sound.

Devi ma: Thoongala Aadhi?

Aadhi: Thoongunen ma.. aana I usually wake up early. Adhunaala muzhuchiten.

Devi ma: Seri pa.. Coffee kondu varen.

Aadhi: Ippo venam ma.. Ava muzhicha apram sendhe kudunga. Na Nithya ta inform panla late agum nu. Call pantu varen.

He left before Devi ma could ask him anything about last night. He wanted to discuss with Sakthi before sharing the info with anyone, including Devi ma though he kind of sensed that she may know.

Sakthi woke up around 11 and quickly text Aadhi.

Sakthi: Did you leave already?

Aadhi: Good Morning beautiful ❤️ Not yet.. I came out to return some calls I missed since Friday. Will be back soon.

Sakthi: See you soon ❤️

She got out of bed and took a long shower to feel refreshed. She dressed up in a casual skirt and top. Her phone was filled with messages, emails and calls after Aadhi's interview. That's when she realized she hasn't even spoken to Anu in 2 days. She made a call and updated her with the happenings but excluded the proposal part out.

She was busy responding to her emails when Aadhi walked in with her favorite ice cream which made her smile so wide.

Sakthi: You are the best... 😊

Aadhi: Avlo dana? Do you know how hard it is for a celebrity to get an ice cream from a super market without creating any attention?

Sakthi: Avlo dan... Enakaga idu kooda panla na epdi 😉

Aadhi: Rombha kashtam 

They finished lunch that Devi ma made with Venkat Pa and Sathya. Aadhi was leaving right after lunch as he had to finish reading a few scripts.

"Bye ma .. Bye Pa. Sathya freeya irukum bodu sollu we will catch up. Sakthi.." he paused.

"Take care.. rest edu. Will meet you soon" he winked in such a way that only she could see and left.

The week was busy for both Sakthi and Aadhi as they were getting close to the first day of shoot and stayed in touch through text. Aadhi was spending time with his sister before she left to meet their parents. His parents were on a business trip to the US and coming back this week. Although they had a very successful business, they were a close-knit family and still stayed in their ancestral home in Coimbatore as much as they could.

Sakthi and Aadhi decided to meet for the dinner on Friday at his place. The first time she went there it was not a great situation and now things were completely different. She knocked and this time Aadhi showed up.