Chapter 19

The drive back to Chennai was tiring. Aadhi tried to swap out for the driver on and off as it was a long one but he did not want to take any break until he reached Sakthi's place. She was on the call with him whenever he was not driving to make sure he did not feel alone.

By 6 AM in the morning he reached his apartment and sent the driver back. He took his car instead and drove to Sakthi's apartment. She went to sleep only at 3 AM after he promised to meet her as soon as he reached.

It was impossible for Sakthi to sleep because not knowing the reason for his anger was stressing her out. She knew that he is very close to his family and they are his world. She was wondering what could have happened so bad that he decided not to stay even for another day. Her thoughts were interrupted by his call.

Aadhi: Sakthi am here.

Sakthi quickly ran to open the door for him and he looked so dull and drained out. His face was blank with no emotions. Before she could do anything, he wrapped his hands around her and she felt his tears on her cheeks. She stood there comforting him but all he wanted was to feel her inside of his arms.

After a good 10 minutes, he loosened her grip and they walked into the living room.

Sakthi: Will make coffee. Ne konjam rest edu.

Aadhi was in no state to let her go even a few feet apart yet and pulled her onto his lap as he sat on the couch. The sudden proximity made her shiver. His breath on her neck and his hands around her waist were making her body so sensitive. His longing eyes were looking into hers with a pain she was not able to decipher.

Aadhi: Enna vitu engayum pogadha

Sakthi: Engayum pola...

Aadhi: I feel so incomplete with you.

Sakthi hugged him close and mumbled,"The feeling is mutual". They sat there for a while and slowly she felt his heart-rate calming down. She slowly moved out of his lap and made him rest his head on hers. Within minutes, he was fast asleep. She caressed his messy hair and dozed off on the couch.

Aadhi woke up first as he had not eaten anything since lunch the previous day. He opened his eyes and realized that he was on her lap and she was sleeping with her fingers still hid in his hair. When he reached this morning, he was in no state to really look at his girl. He was just overpowered by his emotions.

He was admiring how beautiful she looked in her sleep. "Good Morning, beautiful" he whispered before snuggling into her waist in the same rusty morning tone, just that today he was here on her lap instead of miles apart.

Aadhi: Ennamo pannudhu nu soniye nethu... ippovum pannudha? He winked with a sheepish smile.

Sakthi: Aadhi move... will go make coffee. Tired ah irupa.

Aadhi: Ippo enaku coffee lam venam...

Sakthi: Seri tell me what you want

Aadhi: Enna ketalum kedaikuma? He was flirting with her making her shy.

Sakthi finally figured what he was getting to, and suddenly realized their closeness. She started hitting him playfully and asked him to move away. He moved away from her lap and sat close to her and his fingers entangled with hers.

Aadhi: Don't worry. I will not do anything without your consent.

There was so much sincerity when he said that which made her feel so lucky to have found a guy who respected her reservations, emotions and boundaries.

Sakthi: I know that and I trust you. Seri can we address the elephant in the room?

Aadhi: Elephant ah ? Enga ma? Ayayoo? Enaku dan kannu therlaya?