Chapter 59

After an excruciatingly long and mentally draining revelation session, everyone except for Aadhi and Vijay were filled with more questions than answers but none had the energy to even make full sentences.

There wasn't much time to ponder over details either. Aadhi had arranged for his dad's corporate flight to take the others while Sakthi and himself flew by the regular one.

"Let's take an hour and get our things packed", Vijay chimed in to help everyone focus on the present rather than how they got there in the first place.

It made sense to take one day at a time and most importantly keep everyone safe.

"Yes. That will be perfect.", Aadhi added and they all went into their rooms to get refreshed except for Sakthi and Sathya.

Sakthi knew that the name Shreya had caused a havoc in him and wanted to make sure he was not holding himself responsible for the mess Vishnu had caused.

Sathya snuck out from the group right after Aadhi finished and she followed behind him.

"Sathya... Nillu", she let out a low scream and took hurried steps to catch up with her brother.

"Sakthi... Enkita edhuvum kekadha", he was at the verge of breaking down.

If only he had not been at Ooty that night, maybe none of this would have happened to Sakthi but Shreya would not be alive and that wasn't ok with him.

He replayed all the different scenarios that could have happened in his head and ended up with exactly the same decision every single time.

"Enaku theriyanum Sathya... Shreya va na evlo miss panni azhudhurken unkita... nee epovume ava pera sona kova poduva. Apo enaku purila. Aana ippo enaku theriyanum. Shreya va unaku munnadiye theriyuma?", she questioned straight to his face.

*Flashback starts*

6 YEARS AGO:

Nisha was still half sleep trying to make sense of what was happening. Shreya had woken her up, 30 minutes before midnight and persuaded her into going to the lake.

If there was one thing that Nisha was incapable of doing, it was saying No to her best friend since the age of 3. For as long as she could remember, Shreya has always been her first priority.

Even when Vishnu had proposed, the one thing Nisha had vocalized was that he would always be next to Shreya in her life.

Shreya: Nadu raathri la.. full moon oda indha reflection paaka... rendu kannu podhaadhu la?

Nisha: Rombha azhaga iruku kutty ma.. Adhavida un kanla indha excitement paaka enna vena panlam.

Nisha hugged her best friend who was also her baby by all means.

After spending an hour watching the moon glade move, they started to walk back to their cottage.

It was pitch dark and it was almost impossible to see anything around. All of a sudden, they heard voices of a few drunk guys with spiked terror.

Shreya: Nisha enaku bayama iruku....

Nisha: Don't worry. Kitta dan irukom. We will reach soon. Medhuva satham illama vaa. Enkoodaye iru.

But before they could take a few steps, the guys heard them and started to pass demeaning comments.

One of those guys had the audacity to touch Shreya which was followed by a tight slap on his face from Nisha that exacerbated the situation further.