Chapter 5

Sakthi woke up and was all set for the trip. She usually traveled light but given that she had to bring clothes and the entire look for Aadhi, she had planned for backup as well.

It was going to be three days and she was excited to officially start sourcing costumes for her first movie project.

Sakthi MV: I need to buy something else for Sathya for his birthday next week. Maybe I need to check with Amma on where he is.

She called her mom, "Hi Amma! Miss you sooo much" she said as soon as Devi ma picked her call. "Chellam nanum dan. Iniku morning dan da show mudichu vandom. Appa is still sleeping. Nee epdi iruka? Veetuku va."

"Iniku dan ma Bombay poren... movie work start aiduchu. Thirumbi vanda apram varen. Sathya na enga irukan? Avan birthday gift enga anupanum? Avan phone last few days ah not reachable." She said with disappointment. 

"Avan Bombay la dan irudan last week. Inum anga dan irukan nu nenaikren. He was working with some musicians there. Maybe studio la off panni vechurpan phone ah. Ilana un phone epdi edukama irupan? Ne dan avan angel aache."

Her mom's words definitely made her feel better. Just then she got a call and it was Aadhi.

"Amma enaku time aachu. Airport poganum. Na anga poi pesren. And new apartment move panten. Address anupren, Anu akka ta key iruku if you want to visit. Ummmma" she cut the call and went downstairs.

Sakthi wore a simple white kurthi and a 3/4th denim with a multi-color scarf. With silver dangling, a couple of bangles and free hair, she was looking beautiful. A pair of stylish shades and simple flats completed her look.

Until now they had usually met by coincidence and this was their first planned meet. Somewhere in Aadhi's mind, he was trying to imagine what her first reaction today would be. He felt comfortable around Sakthi but he did not really give too much thought to how she looked. He worked with beautiful women, that was the job.

To make his thoughts a reality, she walked towards him from the gates. Just looking at her today, he was stunned. How had he missed how delightful she looked? 

She smiled effortlessly which made him jerk.

Aadhi wore a fitted white shirt that flaunted his perfectly toned upper body and slim blue jean. A well-trimmed beard that made him look so much younger than the last time they met, it was only yesterday she thought to herself.

"We match... we both chose white 😊" she said with a mischievous smile that actually made him shake out of his thoughts. "Oh yeah... we both have similar taste, I guess. Both in style and music." he said with ease.

"Music .. oh yeah Ok Kanmani ungalkum pudikuma? I love Malargal Keten. My personal fav from the album"

"Adu epdi pudikaama? It's an amazing album". He was not sure if he should share that his mom had sung the song Malargal keten. He decided against it.

(Just for story purposes let's imagine that his mom had sung and not Chitra amma the singer 😉)

"It's one of my favorite albums. Dulquer was dapper and Nithya classy I should say. I cannot get over the movie. From Mani sir's direction, ARR music to the actors. It was just a perfect movie. I just wish I got to style for his movie someday."

Without realizing they were getting late for the flight Sakthi was excited to share her thoughts.

Aadhi opened the door for her and gestured for her to get in. She moved in and settled.

The closeness did not seem to bother either of them. They were just enjoying each other's company until Aadhi whispered in a husky tone "Our movie's costumes will be better because you are the stylist" which completely caught her off guard.

"I want it to be. I definitely will bring something fresh not sure if it will be better. OK Kanmani  has set a high bar." She managed to respond without her voice breaking. 

He smiled and said, "I am confident that you are going to make a mark." His words made her feel so lucky. It was her first movie project and here he was, like a true friend who just believed in her completely.

Thanks would be too small a word to say she thought. Instead, she did something that surprised him. "Friends ?" she asked looking at him.

Without any delay, "Aren't we already?", he asked with a wink which made her smile.

They reached the airport on time and boarded their flight. In no time, they reached Bombay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

That's Chapter 5.

They are friends now 😉At least they think so😜. What will the next few days have in store for these new friends? Any guesses?

Thank you for taking your time to read!

How is the story so far? Anything you would like more or less of? Look forward to knowing your thoughts.