Chapter 33

Aadhi and Sakthi woke up from their sleep as sakthi's phone was ringing nonstop. She looked at the caller ID and it was Vijay. She gestured Aadhi to stay quiet and put the call on speaker.

Sakthi: Hey Vijay! Everything ok?

Vijay: Hey Sakthi! Just wanted to check if you reached home safe. Someone seems to be following me since the time I left you at your studio. 

Sakthi: Ya I reached safe. Are you sure it's only after you dropped me?

Vijay: Yes. I am used to people following but this one felt off. It was not like they were following to talk to me because I stopped the car to see if they wanted to take a picture or get an autograph. But those guys just vanished. I just did not feel right.

Sakthi: Weird. Thanks for checking. Hope you are enjoying the party.

Vijay: Yes, the whole family is here. I will send you pictures. Take care. See you tomorrow.

Sakthi: Good Night. Take care.

Sakthi was disturbed after what she got to know about the run in with Kavya in the restaurant and almost immediately someone following Vijay from the studio.

Aadhi: Talk to me.

Sakthi: Bayama iruku.

Aadhi: Ippo eduku bayapadra?

Sakthi: Therila. But Kavya's run in with Nithya and Vijay being followed all of a sudden. It does not add up if all of it was a coincidence. Do you think Kavya is planning something?

Aadhi: Ava plan panni onum aga poradu illa. You sleep. I will discuss with Sathya about this tomorrow.

As soon as she went to sleep, he called up Sathya.

Aadhi: Machan

Sathya: Sollu da.. enna indha nerathla?

Aadhi: Vijay ah yaaro follow panirkanga. I think it's Kavya who is behind this.

Sathya: Ava enna da loose ah? Interest illa nu nee solita la?

Aadhi: Avala vidu. All I care about Is Sakthi. She is completely shaken. Rombha bayathla iruka. Thookathla kooda.. please adha nambadeenga nu solitu iruka.

Sathya's silence was enough for Aadhi to understand that Sakthi's past trauma was acting up.

Aadhi: Sathya I don't know what happened in the past and I don't have to. All I care is for Sakthi to be happy and peaceful. Right now she is not.

Sathya: Aadhi avale unkita solluva. Kandippa. But adhu varaikum, please be patient. I know you will be. But as a brother, it's my responsibility to say this.

Aadhi heard Sakthi saying his name in her sleep.

Aadhi: Enaku puriyudu. Seri ava enna thedra. I will go back to bed. I will call you tomorrow.

Sathya: Everything will be ok.

***

Aadhi discussed with his father about Kavya. Ganesh Pa suggested Aadhi to keep a close eye on Sakthi and Nithya at all times.

The next couple of weeks went by without any major hiccups. Sakthi and Aadhi tried to keep their relationship under the radar for the most part. They always met as a group with Sathya and Nithya to keep it casual. The only time they were alone was at the apartment.

Kavya had to go on business trip to London and she asked the private investigator to continue following Aadhi and find out what was going on in his life.