Chapter 46

Some moments in life have the ability to change us so much. That day in Sakthi's life was one of those that altered everything about her in a split second.

The video and the audio behind it had caused innumerable nightmares all these years. How could someone possibly get over something like that? She was human with a heart and emotions after all.

The pain grew exponentially over the next few minutes as every bad memory and pain that the cruel night had caused rushed in with so much force to flood her thoughts. It was agonizing and excruciating.

Aadhi stood there watching her break apart in front of his eyes. The only thing he wanted to prevent was happening and he had no control over it. He failed to keep her safe. The anger and rage took over his conscience.

She wanted to scream her heart out but knowing the place and situation, all she could do was muffle her cries and hold on to the one person who stood by next to her. The aching pain in her heart was worse than death. She lived with this terror for years and just the thought of having to endure it once again made her wish for instant death.

What could he possibly say to console her? There weren't enough words to describe how helpless he felt at the moment. However, He had to be strong for her. He had no choice. He had to channel all his emotions into focusing on finding this person who was ruining the happiest day of his life.

He hugged her close to his heart and their heart beats synced instantly. Ultimately, they were two hearts but indeed a single soul.

"Enna nambu Sakthi. Nothing can come between us. I am yours and You are mine." He whispered into her ears.

Being in his embrace felt like the only safe place for her. The closeness of his body was her savior from this suffering. The rhythm of this heartbeat and hotness of his breath were the cure for her broken heart.

He could feel her calm down and her breath getting steady after the shattering instant.

***

Once he felt Sakthi was better, Aadhi took her and drove to the hospital where Kavya was admitted.

Through the drive, he kept reassuring her but tears never stopped rolling down her cheeks. He stopped the car midway and pulled her out to hug her tight. His heartbeat was the one thing that could calm her down under any circumstance and this was no exception.

The terror in her eyes showed him how painful it was for her to relive her misery all over again. But this time he was sure that this was an opportunity to not just find the person who did all this but also to end this forever. The end game was on and the finish line wasn't very far away.

They saw Sathya and Vijay talking to the doctors who were taking care of Kavya.

Vijay: She is out of danger but it's going to be a really long road to recovery.

Aadhi let out a sigh in relief and looked at Sakthi who was now hugging her brother.

Sathya: Kutty Ma... Kavala padaadha. This time we are not alone.

Sakthi: Ennala dhaane ipdi aiduchu...

Sathya: Illa ma. Evano oruthan panra thappu ku nee epdi kaaranam aava.

Sakthi: Rombha bayama iruku.

Aadhi and Vijay walked towards them.

Aadhi: Sakthi this is not your fault.

Vijay: We are going to find this person and make sure he suffers.

Aadhi knew she wasn't yet convinced and he also was well aware of exactly what would comfort her.