Chapter 47

Sakthi would have been horrified at the statement that Kavya made even if it were only a couple of hours ago but at this instant she believed that all of it was happening for the best. Aadhi did not flinch even a bit. He knew what he needed to do and though he might have preferred to keep Sakthi out of this mess until it was over, this wasn't bad either. He saw that she wasn't scared anymore to face this head on with him by her side. 

Isn't this what he wanted all along? For her to trust herself and rise above her fears of the past. Afterall, what does not kill you makes you stronger.

Sakthi sat next to him and leaned over his chest. His eyes glazed over her and still could not believe that in less than 12 hours she would be his wife. Not that it changed much between them, but he could not wait to show his girl to the world. Proudly call himself her husband. Being hers was all that he craved for. The feeling was undoubtedly mutual.

A relationship where they were not just equals but blended in with such natural ease that they were not two individuals anymore.

Aadhi: Sakthi... Should we talk to Vishnu?

Sakthi: I don't want to talk to anyone until our marriage is over. Vijay and Sathya are talking to him anyway. That's more than enough.

Aadhi: Nijama dan solriya? Don't you want to talk to him yourself? Vijay said that he was the closest to you. Maybe you will feel better. I am sorry that you are having to endure this again.

Sakthi: I am ok. Don't be sorry. I am really glad that we can be completely over it.

Aadhi: So how are you feeling?

Sakthi: Ippo dhane sonen.. I am ok...

Aadhi: Adhu illa...

Sakthi: Pinna?

Aadhi: Nalaiku namma kalyanam. Edho surreal ah iruku. I can't wait to tell the world that I am taken. How are you feeling about that?

Sakthi: How do you even effortlessly switch between these two conversations? Kadavule...

Aadhi: Sollu Sakthi. Enaku ennalamo pannudhu. Namba mudila. Unaku?

A shy smile and blush covered her face making her flush.

Aadhi: Enna silent a iruka?

Sakthi: Butterflies... jitters... happiness... excitement.... And a whole lot of love. Idulam onna sendhu... oru madri feel. I can't really seem to find the right word. Once in a lifetime experience.

Aadhi: You don't have to use words. Theriyum la?

Sakthi: Theliva edachu pesu.

Aadhi: You can express your feeling through actions. I mean...

He leaned closer to caress her soft pink lips that were too tempting. She quickly gathered his not so gentlemanly thoughts and pushed him away.

Sakthi: Deiii... Kd fellow... Thalli poda.

He managed to hold her hands when she started to hit him playfully and started to slowly kiss her fingers.

Aadhi: Na solli kudukatuma?

He asked in his husky tone which always made her feel chills all over.

Sakthi: Onum solli thara venam. I have enough marks on me as proof that you have already taught be enough.

Aadhi: I can give you more. I don't mind.

Sakthi: Vara vara nee rombha sari illa. Podhum. Thalliye iru.

Aadhi: Nalladhuke kaalam illa ... chai.

Before Sakthi could respond, Aadhi's phone started to buzz, the screen read "Blocked Caller" calling.

Aadhi: Who is this?

Unknown: Hello Aadhi... Hi Sakthi...

Aadhi recognized the voice from the audio note on Kavya's phone and instantly turned to see Sakthi's reaction. Though, her heart was racing in distress, she wasn't in tears. Instead he saw grit and determination to put all of the trauma to bed. Once and for all.

Sakthi: Hi Mr.Coward...

Aadhi knew what she was trying to do, and he did not interrupt. He wanted the fool who still thought he had a chance with Sakthi to make a blunder. 

Unknown: Love... Long time no see. Don't worry... you will be mine very soon. Marriage is on July 11th right?

Sakthi: I will never be yours. But, try your best. Your end isn't very far.

She cut the call before he gave the unknown caller a chance to respond and looked at Aadhi who had a wide grin on his face.

Sakthi: Enna ivlo sandhosham face la? He just told us that he will take me away from you. Wipe that smile off your face.

Aadhi: He doesn't stand a chance against you Sakthi. My fearless Kannama.

Sakthi: I want this to be over.

Aadhi: It will be.

***

Vijay and Sathya tried to reach Vishnu but his mobile seemed to be switched off. It worried them deeply as he was the only lead they currently had from Kavya.

Only a few hours before Kavya's accident, they had both talked to Vishnu. The gist of the information was that it was someone very close to Sakthi and that's why they had suspected Rahul before. But a year after the incident they had gotten to know that even Rahul was blackmailed with compromising videos of his sister to stay away from Sakthi. So, all of their theories that pointed to Rahul was actually an elaborate set up to keep them completely distracted.

The band mates had started to dig into what really happened on the night of Clash of Bands. It all connected at one point. It was their national performance at IIT when they had first hanged out with Rahul's band Breathless for the first time as they were the hosts and not competing.

Though Rahul hadn't shared this with Sakthi, he had been receiving threat messages from an unknown number to stop working with her band when they worked on the single at Bangalore. So, this Sakthi wasn't the first to get these but actually second. Only after Rahul's meet with Sakthi, she started getting messages then followed by her band mates.

The night before when Sakthi was cornered, the other band mates started to get videos that put their close family members in jeopardy, and they had no choice but to watch Sakthi go down. All of it seemed to be really well planned and Sakthi's band mates had assumed that it was Rahul's doing because his band was the only one that benefitted from all of this. It made complete sense. Once they knew even Rahul was being threatened, the theory fell apart.

Now, all he knew was three major things. One the person was very close to Sakthi. Two it was someone who was at their performance in IIT. Third all of it was to make Sakthi fall in love with him.

Once Vijay put all of it together, his one and only suspect was Athreya. He was the only one who had all the means. The only confirmation he needed was to know if he was at IIT. And, after listening to the voice message on Kavya's phone, it was certain that Aadhi was right. It was the same person from the past trying to target him and Aadhi to get Sakthi once again.

But he kept his suspicion to himself because Athreya was Sathya and Aadhi's best friend. It would not be easy for him to convince them until he had solid proof.

Now that Kavya was clear that Vishnu had a lead and that he is suddenly missing, it got way more messy and serious.

***

Vishnu settled in his villa overlooking the sea with a drink on one and mobile on the other.

"Now that I have pointed them very clearly to Athreya... You will be mine very soon my dear" he said looking at Sakthi's picture on his wall paper. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

And that's Chapter 47!

Sorry for the delay and Thank you all for the amazing support. 

Who all suspected Vishnu? Anyone?

What will happen next? Keep guessing 🙈

Please do vote and comment!