Chapter 3

"Sakthi be ready for a roller coaster ride. You are stuck with us for at least the next 9-12 months on this project." Gautham said with a very heartwarming smile and left the studio.

Anu was super excited for Sakthi and so happy for her. After wrapping up her presentation, Sakthi started taking her notes and running through some comments the team had discussed during her presentation.

Anu: Sakthi do not overwork and burn yourself even before the movie starts. You only have a month before the shoot starts and then it will be endless work mode.

Sakthi: You know me too well. Enaku work dan life. What else would I do anyway?

Anu: You can visit your family. Maybe over the weekend you can invite them to your new place and get settled down?

Sakthi's parents Venkat and Devi are both famous classical singers. Her mother is a famous playback singer in Tamil as well. Her elder brother Sathya now owned a record label and the CEO of LiveMusic India, a company that supports a lot of independent musicians. He built it from scratch and was now expanding across India.

Sakthi: Amma Appa rendu perum busy with their shows. Anna kekave venam, enga irukan nu kooda therla.

There was a visible sadness on her face and Anu was quick to read the change.

Anu was never one to pry. She knew there was a part of Sakthi's life she will never know and was ok with that. But just seeing Sakthi alone, made Anu feel very heavy at heart. From the time Anu had known, Sakthi always just stayed alone. Never made any friends nor shared anything too personal.

It took a complete year before Sakthi had mentioned her family. Even at that point, Sakthi had brushed off saying that "Akka enna vera edavum kekadeenga. Before 2019 I was a different person whose life was music, but anda Sakthi is long gone. Ippo I am trying to reinvent myself."

That interaction that happened years ago was still something Anu always remembered. 

Anu returned back to the present day and understood Sakthi was missing her family and said, "Seri va namma shopping polam".

Sakthi was still lost in her thoughts and Anu slowly patted her back and said "Let's go shop. Dev will come and pick us up."

Sakthi: Ya ok ka. Nanum sila new fabrics and styles pakanum nu irunden. Let's go.

Anu quickly reminded, "Idu work kaaga illa. Namakaga. We are going to have fun shopping. I want you to keep your work right here and come as my friend. Purinjuda?" making Sakthi faintly smile.

They had shopped so much for 6 hours making Dev go crazy.

Dev: You girls are ruthless when you shop. I need a break.

Anu: Let's go to the rooftop restaurant you like, we will celebrate Sakthi's amazing presentation. Treat is on me.

Sakthi: Enough of you both spending for me. It's on me.

They entered an amazing rooftop lounge overlooking the beach on ECR. It was a very private place and only celebrities knew of it.

They all were very tired after a long day of shopping and were craving good food. Settled on a table and placed their order.

Sakthi MV: It has been a really long day from the presentation to shopping, and I miss Amma so much. I cannot wait to go back and crash on my bed with some ARR songs.

She was visibly exhausted and wanted to be alone with the sound of the waves. It has been her secret medicine all these years when she felt lonely. Near the waves, she felt a calm and serene feeling even when she was most disturbed. She walked towards the edge and stood there drowned in her own thoughts.

Suddenly she heard a familiar voice and turned to look around.

"I am in my restaurant. Just came here to de-stress and cook my heart out." Aadhi said on the call.

She was surprised to see him here and it was unbelievable that he owned the place let alone cook. She tried to move away to give him privacy and suddenly felt someone moving closer.

"I did not expect to meet you again so soon." Aadhi initiated. His voice was so warm that it felt so soothing. "What a coincidence. But it is interesting to know that you own an Italian restaurant and that you cook." She said with a curious look. "Cooking is my stress buster and I love the sound of waves. I come here when I can because I get the best of both worlds."

Before Sakthi could respond, her phone started ringing and it was Dev. "Hey, where are you? Your favorite food is here" he said.

Sakthi: My food is ready, and I am really hungry. I am here with Anu and Dev. Would you like to join?

Aadhi: Actually, I have to leave now. But some other day. It was really nice meeting you here.

Sakthi went back to the table and she saw Aadhi leave. They finished dinner and dropped her off. She fell on her bed and dozed off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

And that's Chapter 3. Hope you all liked it!

These chapters are still just setting the stage. 

Thank you for taking your time to read! Please do let me know your comments.

The plan is to update 1 chapter a day. Will see how that goes.