Chapter 34

Sakthi's eyes were blurred with tears and Aadhi could only imagine how painful it was for her. It broke his heart to see her weak and it was infuriating that he could not do anything about it now, atleast not until she shared her past with him herself.

He walked behind her as she went to the living room where a handsome young man was seated. He looked anxious and concerned. Sakthi's face turned cold and emotionless the instant she laid eyes on this guy.

Sakthi: Eduku inga vanda Vishnu? Irukena sethutena nu paakava?

Vishnu's eyes widened in shock to hear Sakthi say those words to his face. He was seeing her after 4 years and her anger was not any less.

Vishnu: Sakthi... sorry sonna eduvum seri aagadu nu enaku theriyum. Aana adhu thavara enna solanum nu therla. Am sorry. We all are.

Sakthi: Solita la. Kelambu.

Vishnu: Nee thirumba vanduta nu nethu dan theriyum. Yaaro oruthan unna thedi enna paaka vandan.

Aadhi could not be a spectator after knowing someone was trying to dig up her past. He quickly walked to stand beside Sakthi and held her hands in his.

Aadhi: I am Aadhi.

He introduced himself to Vishnu.

Vishnu: Ungala epdi theriyaama. Vishnu. Sakthi oda band mate.

Aadhi: Yaaru vandanga ungala paaka?

Vishnu: Therila. The said guy that he was her fan from our band days and that he saw her a couple of days back in a restaurant.

Aadhi: Did he ask you anything else?

Vishnu: He wanted to know if I had Sakthi's contact. I was shocked to know that she was back here in the first place. No one knew where she went and I had no clue that she was back. Adan pathutu polam nu vanden.

Sakthi: Pathuta la. Uyiroda dan iruken. Kelambu Vishnu. I don't want to look at your face or anyone else's ever again.

Aadhi: Sakthi ma...

Sakthi: Aadhi please. I want him gone.

Vishnu: Na poren Sakthi. But know that you don't know the entire happenings of that day yet. I agree you were the most affected but that's not all. Bro if she ever wants to talk, this is my contact.

Tears started rolling down her cheeks as soon as Vishnu left. She leaned onto Aadhi as she muffled her cries from her parents. Though her parents knew that something happened, they were not cognizant of the details. Sakthi and Sathya made sure that they were kept away from what really happened.

Aadhi took her back into the room to comfort her but she could not control her overwhelming emotions.

Sakthi: Aadhi En avan enna paaka vandan? Why after 4 years? Yaarume ena nambala Aadhi. They all let me down.

The words between her cries where like daggers into his soul. He was in rage but he knew he had to be calm right now and to console her was the highest priority.

Aadhi: Ma... You are strong. You have been and you will be. I will be with you no matter what. But, if you want our future to be happy, you have to face your fears and not let your past affect it. Not anymore.

Sakthi: I don't think I can do that by myself.

Aadhi: You don't have to. You have me. Let me be there for you.

Sakthi: I want you to promise that you won't let your emotions overwhelm your decisions after I finish talking about my past.

Aadhi: I promise you that I will not do anything stupid but I will definitely make sure whoever is responsible for what happened back then pays the price for it.