Chapter 7

Aadhi finished his interview which went on until late evening. In the meantime, Sakthi met with a couple of designers and finalized Aadhi's looks for the first schedule.

Sakthi looked at the time and it was already 9:30. She quickly checked her messages.

2 Missed Calls Aadhi

Aadhi (7:30): Interview just got over. So many questions about my look today. All thanks to you my friend 😉

Aadhi (8:00): I just reached the hotel. How was your meet with the designers?

Aadhi calls Sakthi – Missed call 1 – 8:55

Aadhi (9:00): Someone is so busy to even pick my call. Have you slept again? 😳

Aadhi calls Sakthi – Missed call 2 – 9:20

Aadhi (9:25): Sakthi ma... enna aachu? Where are you?

She read the messages and saw 2 missed calls from him and just when she started typing her response, the phone died. It was already late at night. She got in a cab and it was going to take her at least an hour or more to reach the hotel. She felt the worry in his messages. It made her restless.

Sakthi MV: How can I be so careless as not to charge my phone? Loose Sakthi nee.. he is so worried because of you.

Aadhi went to check on Sakthi as he has not heard anything from her since she left to meet the designers before his interview. There was no response to his texts or his calls. He thought she might be sleeping as she was already exhausted on the flight. He tried knocking a number of times.

He had even waited for a few hours, but now he was stressed. It was a new city and it was almost close to 10 in the night. He finally checked with the hotel lobby and they confirmed that she was not back yet.

He tried calling her one more time and it was not reachable.

That was it. As soon as he knew she was not back yet and her phone was not reachable, he started to feel uneasy. He was not sure if he should just call Gautham and check with the designers about her. He just stopped thinking and called Gautham.

Gautham: Hey Aadhi... how was your interview?

Aadhi: I need to know the designers she went to meet with today. Do you have their contact? If not give me Anu's contact I will check with her. I need to know right away.

Gautham: Aadhi calm down. Tell me what happened

Aadhi: Sakthi... Sakthi is not back yet. It's been hours since she went out.

His voice was shaking with fear. He was usually calm under pressure and had great control over his emotions. But today, everything was upside down. He was not able to even imagine anything bad happening to her.

Gautham: I will send you the contact of the designers. Am sure she is ok. She is a bold girl. I understand that you are worried but let me talk to the designers and get back to you. Stay calm. She will be ok.

Aadhi: Just send me the address and I will go there directly. I can't sit here and wait.

Gautham: I understand Aadhi. Ivlo neram wait panta. Give me 5 minutes. I will call the designers and check.

Aadhi: Ok make it quick. Please. I really don't want to waste even a minute. I want her to be safe.

Gautham: Kandippa she will be.

Aadhi was going through a multitude of emotions. From missing her to the fear of losing her, it was painful. He has experienced his share of lows in his life but this was very strange.