Chapter 54

Sakthi couldn't shake off the jitters and butterflies she was feeling. This was the man of her dreams. She had been living in with him, sleeping on the same bed and waking up next to him for more than two months now. 

Nothing has changed but still felt like everything has. She had always loved him with all her heart but now they were married and it was a surreal feeling.

She trusted Aadhi more than she would trust herself at any point. There was no question that he wasn't going to do anything that she might be remotely uncomfortable with. However, standing outside their room, she felt a shiver down her spine. A deep blush spread across her face. Her heart raced at a pace like never before.

"Avan ulla kooda illa. Busy ah Vijay Sathya oda pesitu irukan. Nee en ivlo over think panra", her mind chided her for being so restless when there was no reason to.

"Ippo illa. Aana varuvan. Vandhu oru smile pannuvan. Good night pondaati nu sona... na enna pananum?", her heart was wandering off into a deep hole.

"Avan varadhukulla thoongidu", her mind aided a brilliant idea which finally eased her.

"Iniku evening dan avana hurt panna. Ippovum hurt panna dan poriya? Aadhi deserves better.", her heart was steadfast on Aadhi's side.

She shook away her thoughts and got into their room with a nervous smile.

***

Sathya and Vijay brought Aadhi up to speed with all the new information they had gathered.

A bad feeling crept into Aadhi. Something wasn't adding up and he couldn't ignore that voice in him which screamed Sakthi was going to be in danger sooner than they thought. It was messing with him more deeply than he was letting on. His acting skills were helping him pull off a brave face but that wasn't going to be sustainable.

The minute he enters their room tonight, Sakthi was going to find out. Until now she had been preoccupied with wedding preparations but now that it was over, she would know even the smallest of his mood shifts.

"I am super scared. We are not getting any close to finding who is behind all this and every minute I worry about Sakthi", Sathya's voice cracked as terror chocked his throat and his misty eyes were welling up which brought Aadhi back to his senses.

He needed to be strong for her. For them. He did not have a choice. They had to win. 

"Vijay let's follow up on Vishnu and Nisha. Find anything and everything about them. Sathya keep a close eye on Athreya. Now that your music school opening is coming up very soon, use that to be with him as much as you can. We all will leave from here tomorrow. Let Devi Ma and Venkat Pa stay here with my parents. My dad kind of knows the ongoing issues on a high level. So, he made plans to stay here until all of this is over with. He will take care of them."

Aadhi made it a point to sound unaffected with a calm and clear face which would reassure the guys and make them feel better atleast for the time being. They all agreed to keep this from Sakthi and Nithya until they reached Chennai.

***

Vishnu was back at his apartment in Chennai, all set to execute his plan.

"Sakthi should attend the Bombay fashion show alone", he instructed on the call before hanging up while Nisha sat next to him.

"Ava indha time miss aaga koodadhu Vishnu", Nisha whispered in his ears and passionately kissed.

"Miss aagadhu baby. Trust me. This is very personal.", he reassured but somehow Nisha wasn't convinced.

She had wanted to make sure that the video stayed and haunted Sakthi all her life but unfortunately Athreya had helped her and somehow managed to remove every single copy that was available online in 24 hours.