Chapter 8

Aadhi wanted to make her forget any bad memory of this day and was willing to do anything at all. He decided to drive and show her around the city. Over the last few years, he had visited Bombay a number of times and had his favorite spots.

On their way, he showed her pictures from the interview and she showed him pictures of the costumes she had finalized. They were chatting about incidents from the day when the car suddenly came to a stop.

Sakthi: Enna ma aachu? Have we reached?

Aadhi: Look to your right.

They were on Marine drive. It was lit up and the full moon glowing so bright. She opened her windows and it was blissful to watch her enjoy the simplest pleasures of life.

Aadhi MV: What is she doing to me? I feel like I will move heaven and earth just to see her smile. She is magic.

Sakthi: Heyyy ... enaku beach ku ponum. Ippove. Please kootitu po.

Aadhi: I will take you anywhere you want to go. But I need to feed you first.

Sakthi: Illa first beack ku polam... Please...

Aadhi: You were super hungry remember? First food then beach.

She pouted to show her disappointment but was also hungry.

Sakthi: Seri promise me that we will come back tonight. And enaku pani-puri venum. Na podum solra varaikum. Deal?

Aadhi: Deal. We will definitely come back here after having some food.

They parked in a corner and walked to his favorite food place in Bombay. A small roadside shop... was buzzing even around midnight. They had vada-pavs and endless pani-puri from a number of shops before coming back to the beach just like she wanted.

Sakthi: Evlo azhaga amaidhiya iruku la... the sound of waves with a full moon glowing and wind just breezing through. Epodhume beach has been my happy place. My companion, through my highs and lows. It's so peaceful. Neenga aniku I love the sound of waves nu sona apo, I was just amazed. But then, I did not think, you will become a part of my life. Edo miracle madri iruku, indha last few days. Out of nowhere, you came into my life.

Aadhi: Sakthi, na oru ponnoda midnight beach la iruken nu ennalaye namba mudila. For the first time in my life, your voice, makes sounds of the waves disappear. All my life I have been a very private person with a very small circle of friends from childhood. I have never had any new friends since then. But just within a few meetings, I just feel so close to you. It's absolutely magical to be in my most favorite place on earth with you. He started humming

Kandukonden kandukonden
Kaadhal mugam kandukonden
Kandukonden kandukonden
Kaadhal mugam kandukonden
Viral thodum thoorathilae
Vennilavu kandukonden

Vennila velichcham
Kinnathil vizhundhu
Nirainthaal valindhaal magizhchi

She was surprised when he started humming one of her favorite songs. A song she had grown up with. She started humming along in sync. They walked along the beach with waves touching their feet.

Sakthi: Nalla padra ma. Epdi? Did you learn to sing?

Aadhi: Rombha illa. Aana music ilama iruka mudiyaadu. Enoda all-time companion. I have a playlist for every mood. Amma is a singer. So, I don't even know a life without music.

Sakthi: Unga ammavum singer ah? Namakulla epdi ivlo common ah iruku? Both my parents are both singers too. So, I know how it is.

Aadhi MV: should I tell her that my mom sang her favorite song?

Sakthi: Enna yosikra ma? You can tell me anything you feel like...

Aadhi: Unoda favorite song Malargal Keten padna singer en amma dan. Anike solanum nu thonichu, but I thought it might be too early to share personal details. If you want, I can take you with me when I go home next time.

Sakthi was stuck at "Malargal Keten padna singer en amma dan".

Sakthi: Enna solra Aadhi? Enaku purila... Chitra aunty is your mom?

Aadhi: Chitra aunty ah? Ne enna ma solra?

Sakthi: Chitra aunty and my mom learned music from the same guru. They are close buddies from childhood. She visits our home regularly even now. I know Nithya but I did not know about you.

Aadhi: This just got so interesting.

They sat there on the beach and decided to watch the sunrise. They talked about their moms and some songs for a while. After a while, he felt a weight on his shoulder. She was peacefully sleeping.

Aadhi POV:

If anyone asked me what 24 hours with her would be like yesterday, I would never have guessed even 10% of all things that happened today. From the moment I picked her up to right now sitting with her on a beach under a full moon night, waiting for sunrise. It all feels magical.

She makes me feel like a whole new person. She fills a void in me that I never knew existed. The way she casually addresses me, the way she holds my hand, her trust, care, and understanding, everything amazes me. I just hope I never lose her.

The few minutes, when I did not know if she was safe, was a nightmare. It was scary to think that I might never see her again. I don't remember the last time I was truly scared of losing someone. She is special and I know it in my heart. There is no logic to why I feel so impacted by her presence in my life. All I know is that I want her to be my constant and I want to be her constant.

At this moment, the reality was better than any of his dreams. He dozed off with these thoughts and woke up to the first rays of sunrise. She had moved from his shoulder to his chest and cuddled up like a baby.

Aadhi MV: This feels perfect like a fairytale. Are we just friends? Why do I feel like she is much more than a friend? I don't know to express this, but I can't help but wonder if just a day feels like this ... what would a life with her be like?

His thoughts were disturbed when she snuggled into his chest.

Aadhi: Sakthi ma, wake up. It's the sunrise you wanted to see.

Sakthi: Nooo I want to sleep... 5 mins.

Aadhi: You will feel bad if you miss seeing this.

He slowly moved her head to his shoulder, and she woke up to the most beautiful rays of sunshine.

Sakthi: You are the best. I have never watched the sunrise on a beach. Thank you for making this happen. It's such a high. Enala inum idu kanavu illa nu namba mudila. Avloo perfect ah iruku.

She tightened her grip around his arm and turned to look at him. 

Aadhi: Unakaga enna vena pannuven. Anything for that smile on your face.

Sakthi MV: Was he telling her that her happiness mattered the most to him? Could it get any better? He just makes all my wishes come true. This guy is a real-life hero. I don't know how I got this lucky, but I know that I will treasure him for the rest of my life with all my heart.

Sakthi: Just being with you makes me happy.

Author POV:

They left the beach and reached the hotel to get ready for the day. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

And that's Chapter 8.

It was definitely a night to remember for both of them. Please come back to know how they spend their next day in Bombay. 

Thank you so much for taking your time to read. Your votes and comments make me happy. So please do vote if you like and comment your thoughts.