Chapter 23

Aadhi could not contemplate what was going on around him from the time he read Sakthi's message. It is not like her to jump to conclusions and he was certain that it had something to do with her meet.

But there was only one other person who could tell him what happened and he wasn't sure if he should risk revealing their relationship to Vijay. He quickly called Sathya to vent out his thoughts.

Sathya: Sollu da.. enna sudden ah call?

Aadhi: Ava kochukta da..

He explained briefly all the things that happened including his parents' idea to surprise him with a girl to marry, Vijay flirting with Sakthi, her meet with Vijay, his unplanned run into Kavya and finally her message.

Sathya: Dei ivlo nadandurku... en da neenga rendu perum eduvum solala nethu meet panna apo. Ne enna loose ah? Ava kita en Kavya vishyatha solala?

Aadhi: Dei ava already rombha bayathla irunda... parents ta sona they will ask us to get married nu. Epdi avalta poi enga appa amma enaku theriyaama ponnu pathutanga nu solradu? Anyway, na amma appa ta solten that I am seeing someone nu. They understood. I did not want to stress her out.

Sathya: Avale ippo dan thirupi konjam open up aagirka. She trusted you. Ippo she might feel like she can't trust you.

Aadhi: Dei solution sollu da.. I know I screwed up.

Sathya: There is only one solution. Go.. talk to her.

Aadhi: I just hope she will be willing to listen.

Sathya: She will. She loves you. En kutty ma va enaku theriyum. Don't make her feel that she is alone.

Aadhi: I will go now and text you once I talk. Sorry da.

Aadhi started driving to Sakthi's apartment with the hope that she won't shut him out.

***

Sakthi stood there when Vijay posed the question if they can be friends.

Sakthi: I am not sure about that and I am emotionally exhausted right now.

Vijay: I understand. I am going to be in Chennai until end of the week. You have my number and you can call me anytime. I hope we can at least be friends. Take care Sakthi.

Sakthi: I don't think anything will change in three days.

Vijay: I have waited three years without even knowing if I will ever see you. I believe that I found you for a reason and our story is far from over. I will always be a well-wisher.

His car zoomed past and she stood there wondering all the things that had happened in the last couple of hours.

Sakthi was not someone who acts out in an impulsive reaction. Today when she needed him by her side, he was not. Her mind was filled with questions that only Aadhi could answer. Why did he not tell me that his parents want him to get married? Why would he not share that his parents went to extent of selecting the girl for him? Why did he say that he is not ready to get married to any girl? Couldn't he at least say that he is seeing someone? After all that is what she said to Vijay.

She walked into the studio with a heavy heart and a diary that knows her darkest pains. The reason for why she left her home and family was still haunting her. There is no way she could forget the nightmare she lived through. There have been times when she had wondered how she managed to survive. Loneliness is something she chose for herself, to protect her from anyone else breaking her heart and trust. Today, after a long time when she heard Vijay talk about how hard it was to read her diary and not know the reason, she couldn't stop herself from crying her heart out.