[ 45 ] raise hell

RAISE HELL

(it's a short chapter, but buckle up;)

raise hell by dorothy

                     WHILE Aspen may have started out her day this morning feeling more control over herself— the feeling proved to be temporary

                     WHILE Aspen may have started out her day this morning feeling more control over herself— the feeling proved to be temporary. After leaving her brother and his attempted apology in her dust, she got half way to the animal clinic, thinking Deaton may have answers she was looking for, until her entire mind, body, and soul were stolen hostage again.

And that brings us to later that day— Scott and Stiles, barging into Barrow's substation in attempt to save Kira Yukimura.

They believed they had gotten themselves there on their own, that they figured it out without any help.

Little did they know, Aspen had purposely led them there.

When Scott got there, he found Kira tied to the ground, Barrow in front of her, holding up a cable of electricity— about to make good on his threat.

"No, don't!" Scott tried to call out, feeling helpless.

But just as he lowered the wire, pouring with volts of electricity, to the Yukimura girl's skin— something unexpected happened.

In a sudden flash, the entire substation was lit up with volts of electricity, while Kira herself was stood, with her arms by her side— absorbing every last ounce of it into her blood stream, causing a city wide blackout.

Scott looked up at what was happening around him, trying to understand how a girl he believed to be such an innocent, unknowing human being— could be capable of something like this.

And little did he know it at the time— the burst of electricity was also the cause of something else—the beginning of the end.

***

While Scott was in the main area of the substation when everything went off— Stiles was somewhere else in the building, an empty industrial room. He flinched and his eyes widened when he saw the great flashes of electricity all around him. It was so bright he had to clench his eyes shut.

But the explosion of volts did more than make him flinch—they triggered something inside of him, something foreign, something that was not him.

Moments later, once the explosion had died down, Stiles slowly opened his eyes, looking around and finding he was no longer alone in this room.

On the other side of the room, there was a miscellaneous figure of a person walking towards him—her hair flowing with the breeze behind her as she slowly made her way over to him.

Only when she got closer did he make out the face of the person.

Aspen wore a victorious smirk on her lips— her entire expression reading that her plan had gone exactly the way she intended.