Chapter 42

LISA

I am torn between capturing Joohyun's lips or pulling away. She's Seulgi's girlfriend. I can never betray my best friend. But Joohyun won't be doing such an extent this if she does not love me back. I am starting to question Seulgi if she's being honest with me, to begin with.

I wanted to say I love her but I can't.
It wouldn't mean a thing if those are empty words.

I wanted to say a lot of things to comfort her. But words are not enough to assure her.

I am the reason for those tears and all I can do is wipe them away.

Tears can be wiped away but not the pain I have been causing my poor Joohyun so much pain ever since I dated Jisoo. Maybe even before she's already hurting because all I did is push her away thinking she was a stalker.

This precious woman has been always there for me yet I only cause her a lot of heart aches. What if Seulgi lied to me? Should I confirm this with Joohyun first? But why would Seulgi lie to me about their relationship? Aghhhhh!

I notice that Joohyun's holding her feelings in. I can't look at her directly because it would shatter me too. I hate the fact that she's dating Seulgi for real and at the same time she's in love with me. I did my part here so she should also do her part. Like at least end everything with Seulgi. But it is all complicated, Seulgi warned me not to go there or else a war between us would break.

The whole situation is messed up plus this position and working for their company is really burdensome too. Now I will have to speak to their father and clear everything up with him, especially about breaking up with Jisoo and having special feelings for his other daughter Joohyun. I would like to explain my side and not blame Jisoo on the matter. I'll take ownership. My initial plan is to ask his permission to date Joohyun instead, but Seulgi being in the picture makes everything worst.

I am about to go back to my office where the CEO is waiting but Wendy pulls me before even doing so.

"COO wait. This is very urgent." She's panting.

"The CEO is waiting and you said he seems not too pleased. Can we talk later, Ms. Son?" There's nothing more important than to face the wrath of the twins' father. I am screwed up big time. Maybe he has been regretting that he welcomed me into his family.

"No, this can't wait. I just want you to know that Rene's feelings for you are real. She loves you from head to toe and with every inch of your tissues. I don't know what's going on with the two of you but here's just a piece of advice. You will lose a gem if you let her go. You are the only person she shed her tears with. She's a tough girl and always tries to hold everything in. I am saying this because it is bothering me. I thought everything between the two of you is doing great now that you and Jisoo are over." Wendy said it in a very serious tone. Like it's a matter of do or die.

I would love to believe Wendy's words but how can I? "Ms. Son you are Joohyun's best friend. However are you not aware that she and my best friend are together?"

Wendy laughed hysterically like a witch which echoed at the entire office's hall, "That's absurd! Seulgi is mine. We have a sister's code. Rene would never date her because Seulgi would be soon my official girlfriend." She said confidently.

"Wait, I beg your pardon? Did I hear you right?" Seulgi likes Wendy? Wow, I didn't see this coming.

"The fake girlfriend thing between Irene and Seulgi is just a one-time thing. Nothing ever developed. Seulgi has her eyes on me from the very beginning. Only on me." She puts emphasis on it like someone is arguing with her. "Besides Irene isn't her type. She's your style, not Seulgi's. Understood?" She looked at me as if waiting for my confirmation that I follow what she just explained. "Where did you even get that news COO? It's the funniest news I ever heard of."