Chapter 59

WENDY'S POV

I deserve to have some fun tonight but as much as I wanted to go to the bar right after my work shift I was all tied up. My workload became double when Rene did not return to the office. She said she'll just have lunch out with Lisa. Good for Lisa's department they have a special leave today considering Jennie is our valued client and their time is flexible. I wanted to help the couple adjust and work things out together. Ever since Lisa got the project she really became busy. Rene at the same time needed to work harder as the new COO. Given the situation, the two would really fall apart and KIM JENNIE happened. She caused chaos by wanting to rekindle an old flame even when Lisa told her she was in a relationship already.  No one knew how long she had planned to invest in the company to win Lisa over.  She's really bothersome.

I wished to get everything done as soon as possible. I was not able to check the time since I buried myself working. I just noticed that the building was almost deserted when I got out of my office. I felt hungry and went to the cafeteria to grab something to eat. The cafeteria staff were already cleaning up for closing hours so decided to call it a day and just finish early the next day. I was on my way to the bar when I saw my best friend's message.

"Where are you? Jisoo is drunk and got herself in trouble. You have to be here ASAP. Just play along once you are here. I'll explain later."

I couldn't understand what it meant since my focus was on the road. What Rene is up to? All I understood was Jisoo got into trouble. I wanted to flick my best friend's forehead. For God's sake, I was busy at the office saving the world and she would ask where was I? Wasn't it obvious I was working late? However, it didn't change the fact that I was worried about her and Jisoo due to her cryptic text message. So I sped up that regardless I could be penalized for speeding. I pressed the auto-reply, "I'M NEAR".

As soon as I arrived I scanned the entire bar with one goal. Locate the twins immediately. And assessed the situation. I arrived and stood next to Rene. I saw unfamiliar faces and they looked like they were ready to fight against each other. I didn't find Jisoo or Lisa. She was supposed to go here with her girlfriend.

"You're here." She announced. "We're almost done here. Code Black, Seungwan."

I furrowed her brows a little. "Code Black?" What the hell is code BLACK? Then I remembered her text message. "Ahhhh, alright got it, COO." I switched to my professional mode. "Are you serious about this? We can just do the code BLUE." I was getting my calling cards to give these three idiots in front of us. They really looked scared.

"That's final. I'll talk to Jennie to inform her that we're leaving."

"But I just got here, Rene? I mean COO." Jisoos, wanted to go home when I just arrived at the party. I swear, I'll choke my best friend later.

"Take care of the rest. And follow me after you're done." Rene dismissed everything and went to look for Jennie.

"Ms. Bae, please we beg for your mercy." The guy yelled trying to catch Rene's attention.

The lady with a smug face couldn't hide her own fears too. "What does the code Black means?" She asked me.

"We will discuss this tomorrow. It's already too late to do business. But that simply means she wanted the three of you to be blacklisted in South Korea." I explained as if I have any idea. "No worries, we will give you a settlement you can all fly abroad and live there in peace." The thing was I also didn't know how to explain to them what was code Black. My good best friend just wanted me to handle the situation for her. So I came up with code Blue to sound like I was aware of what she meant. I wanted to laugh at their faces but remained serious to make it believable.