Chapter 12

IRENE

"Can I take your order please?" The cashier asked.

"Do you still have spicy chicken?" I asked since it's what Chichu's favorite to order in this place. Their best seller here. That chicken slave sis of mine has been so addicted to the food here. I wonder why she's not getting tired eating of chicken. I don't eat chicken as I hate them after getting sick for several days. Ever since that day, every time I tried to eat or just smelled chicken, I then got this sickening feeling inside my tummy. I can't even stand to watch Chichu devouring her food.

"We only have 2 more buckets, Ma'am." The cashier informed me.

That stranger mentioned she badly wanted to buy spicy chickens. I have this silly idea to buy the 2 buckets as an act of revenge for taking the Black Velvet cake. I will wait until her turn to watch her disappointed face later.

I smirked, "Okay, I'll have the last two buckets."

When everything is done, I simply occupied the nearby table where I can have a perfect view when that stranger takes her turn. Of course, she won't know that the spicy chickens are all sold out when she's playing her music at full blast. People just leave right away when the cashier announced that they won't be refilling the chickens. Now, this tall bamboo stick-looking person faces the cashier. Behind her facemask, for sure she's smiling. She looks like a cheerful person. She has this oozing confidence under her sleeve. I wonder what would be her reactions? I am excited to know.

She removed her headset to focus on the cashier. Why does everything she does seems to be in slow motion?

"Hello, Ma'am, we just sold the last 2 buckets. We regret to inform you that we don't have any refills since it is almost closing time."

"What? I've been standing in the line for too long only to find out it's sold out."

"Idiot, she announced a couple of times but you weren't paying attention." I mentally commented but then she seemed to hear my thoughts and look in my direction. I immediately composed myself as if I am busy and I didn't notice that my phone was upward position.

"Ma'am I am so sorry. But I announced that the chickens are all sold out." The cashier also looked in my direction. "Someone purchased the last two buckets." Her eyes followed the cashier and this time both of us are staring back at each other. Her gaze on mine is mesmerizing. It hits differently like I love her eyes bored to mine just like this. What with her stares? She's looking at me like I did something wrong. She then glanced at the buckets in front of me.

Then the guilt trip eats me up. Is she supposed to buy it for her girlfriend to impress her just like the cake? I am trying to hold my breath as if it will be the end of me if I let it out. She's walking towards my table. This sounds crazy but I didn't know walking casually could be a cool thing. Again everything turned too slow.

Our distance is getting closer and closer but she turned left and totally ignored me. I thought she was about to head to my table. What is going on with me? For a second I got lost in her eyes. Those poor doe eyes. I started to breathe again and tried to normalize my breathing. Why does this woman have so much effect on me? This is so wrong. My heart belongs to that drunkard blond.

I realized I've been zoning out. I have to follow her. I really feel so guilty. Chichu does not need to eat 2 buckets of chicken though I know she can empty them right away. She needs to maintain her figure.

I look around being so bothered remembering that poor-looking stranger. Her eyes speak louder than her mouth I assumed.

Glad she's still not getting too far.
"Hey!" I called her. "Hey, girl in a yellow hoody." Why isn't she turning around?   There's no one here but us.

"Hey, please stop!" I tried to double my steps. Her legs are longer than mine so I am having hard time catching up.

"Please stop." I get it she has her headset. Aigooo. I should outrun her.
I run like crazy like I am not on heels.

I pant harder when I finally catch on. "You, yellow riding hoody."

She looks shocked because I stop in front of her. "Eh? Do you need anything?"

"No, I think you need something from me."

She chuckled. "I don't need anything from you. So I guess you're the one following me."

"Yeah, this time I followed you." I took a deep breath. "Here take it. Just pay for it."

Her eyes grew bigger. "What got into you? Are you sure?"

"You look devastated at the counter. I guess you badly want to give this to someone special."

"How did you know? Are you a psychic?"

"I know someone who loves chicken so much. Though I don't understand her chicken addiction."

She took out her wallet. "I will really take it before you change your mind." She handed me more money than the actual price.

"It's overpaid." I am trying to return the rest of the money.

"No, it's really okay. I can't thank you enough."

"I can't accept it. I can just actually give it to you. I have plenty of cash here. But since you are trying to impress someone I know it would hurt your pride. Just pay the exact amount."

"Thank you! Super thank you." She bowed down and put back the excess money inside her Lilo & Stich wallet.
Such a cutie. "And I am sorry for being a diva earlier at the cake shop. I know you really wanted to get the Black Velvet flavor too."

"We are even. I already took my revenge. Does your foot hurts?" I feel guilty since she's just wearing a pair of sneakers and my heels are pointy and deadly.

"Not that I can handle. It is alright, I deserve it too." I was relieved knowing she was not badly hurt.

"So, I should get going. My Sooyaa is waiting for me. She might think I chicken out and ditch her."

"Okay, fighting." I got envy whoever that woman is. Someone went all those lengths just to impress her. It must be their first date or meeting up with the family. I watch her fleeting form.

"Thanks. You take care of yourself!" She shouted since she was running mad.

"Such a very lucky girl," I said to myself getting curious about the girl she was trying to impress with. I wonder if someone would take such an effort to get my attention. I am just a mere stalker of that unknown drunkard blond.

It's funny I almost forgot about our family dinner. It is really getting late. I wonder what Chu's special someone is like. Does she do everything to please my twin sis just like that yellow hoody girl? Now I feel so defeated and hopelessly romantic. When am I gonna meet you? Should I check the bars at Gangnam later? I can't wait any longer to meet you sober or not.