Chapter 13

LISA

Wow, why do I get too nervous around that woman? She's not that bad after all. It's funny how I just almost forgot that she stomped on my feet. Damn, why can't I stop myself from thinking of her? I am going to meet Sooyaa's parents yet here I am having more time thinking of the unthinkable.

Gees this is such a cliche, your heart has its own memory. She's like someone I know from elsewhere but of course, I never met that small bean before. I should be able to remember if I did. I got startled by the honk of a car behind me. There's no way my Sooyaa will be this rude to me.

"Yah!!!! Hey, yellow hoody girl."

I paused and knew already who's this lady calling me. Is she really following me wherever I go? I am about to believe in fate but all I know is that's Sooyaa for sure. This woman is just so annoyingly cute. And everything is just a mere coincidence.

"I am now convinced you are a stalker," I told her.

She stopped her car and open the window shield."Eeew, who are you to be stalked? Where are you going? Are you from here?"

"Obviously I am not. That's why I am being lost."

"Hop in. I live here. I might know the address you are looking for."

"Nuh, I am good. I am getting a bad feeling once I go with you. You're a bad idea. You know?" I jested.

"Yah! How dare you? I am just trying to be nice to you."

"If you are still feeling guilty about whatever happened at the mall then you are already forgiven. Just forget about it and move on. I don't hold grudges against anyone."

"It's not like that. I know you need to be somewhere and if you won't ride right now then you'll be late for uhmm for your date."

"Nuh, I am good. Thanks for the offer. I contacted my Sooyaa. She should be here any time."

"Fine. I'll go ahead. You are so whipped with your soya bean. You keep mentioning her."

"What did you just call her?"

"Nothing, just walk nearby the street lights and don't show off your phone. This place outside the subdivision isn't safe. There are many outsiders roaming around."

"And I am one of them," I informed her.

"Okay, just see you never. And I am not following you, stop being so full of yourself. YOU ARE NOT MY TYPE. I am not a bit interested in you. My standard is damn high."

"Whoa, fine just go hot shot." I got annoyed hearing her unnecessary comments. This woman really is something else. I hate to admit but I got insulted a bit. Just another like of Kim Jennie.

Finally, she went on her own business and left me alone. I took her advice. I walk nearby the street lights so I can be easily spotted by Sooyaa. My smile stretched from ear to ear when I saw a familiar car.

She went out from the driver seat and waited for me to open the shotgun seat for her. "Limario, why didn't you just wait for me nearby the subway?" We have this mutual arrangement that I'll be the driver whenever we're together regardless if it's her car.

"Well someone is getting too excited to meet your parents, I guess."

"I am too. I think my sis is also on her way."

"Your sis, why does she never visits you at the movie house?"

"She's busy as well. Her friend's dad offered her an internship."

"She does not like to work for the family's business?"

"She's too stubborn and independent. She hates dad."