Chapter 57

Lisa did not stop trying to reach out to her girlfriend. Irene said they would meet the next day. But it never happened. Several days had passed but the two haven't talked yet. Lisa understood that it may take some time for Irene to trust her again. She's willing to endure everything and she's busy too with her current project. She somehow get by and her friends were just supportive of her.

"Lisayah," Wendy took her usual seat at the cafeteria. Lisa was looking ahead hoping Irene would join them for the lunch break. She was just poking her food and setting aside the veggies. Again no trace of her girlfriend even how hard she tried to stretch her neck. "Sorry, I am a bit late. The COO wanted me to hand over the contract personally to Mr. Choi." She explained as she arranged the food containers on the table and handed them over to Jisoo.

"Aren't she going to take her lunch, Seungwan?" Lisa asked worriedly. She kinda felt guilty that Irene was also trying to avoid her friend and sister because she eats with them.

"She'll eat with the CEO and will head straight for another meeting. A very important one." Wendy subtly looked at Jisoo. She understood that Irene was just busy but she still felt bad for Lisa who keeps asking about her best friend. It was clear the two haven't communicated since that day.

"Lis, eat this. It's your favorite." Jisoo offered her food. Since she should remain an anonymous employee she couldn't join her family too during lunch breaks. She can be seen with Irene as a close friend just like Wendy but not with their father. She actually liked it better to spend more time with Lisa. More of watching over her and not being left alone with Jennie. She also did try to help Lisa several times to speak with Irene but nothing seemed to work so far. Her twin was just too stubborn.

"Thanks," Lisa gladly accepted the offer.

"Rene loves you. She's just busy so she couldn't join us. Don't worry too much." Wendy assured for the nth time. As she patted Lisa's shoulder. "You have to eat well. She would skin me to death if you get sick on my watch. Just give her some time, Lis"

Lisa sighed, "How much time does your best friend need? She's really putting walls between us. Been trying and trying Seunwan."

"I know. She's just hurt, Lisayah."

"Duh, she could have at least replied to Lisa's messages. That left her hanging. She already explained but she's being unfair to Lisa." Jisoo was really not having it. For her, Irene's being unfair and irrational.

"You're not helping Kim Jisoo," Wendy commented.

"Just telling the truth. Baechu should really be thankful to me. I am working diligently to ensure Ms. Kim won't be able to get nearer to Lisa. That snake is so clueless about Lisa's real girlfriend. Bet she'll back away if she knew. But that would also be awkward and might sabotage the project. I think her real intention is to work with you, Lis. Given your proposal was really great, we all know she had the motive to invest here."

"Jisoo, shut it. Someone might hear you." Wendy warned. "Lis, you have to tell us if Ms. Kim is making you uncomfortable. So we can do something about it. She's really up to doing something crazy. I can't forget how she accused me in the powder room." She was getting worried. She didn't like the idea of Lisa working for her ex. She totally understood her best friend but that's work and they needed to be professionals.

"I got Lisa's back too so you have nothing to worry about, Wendy." Jisoo reminded.

"Nuh, I actually don't trust all of Lisa's exes." That was half-meant from Wendy.

"What?!"

"You once betrayed your own sister. So we couldn't guarantee you won't do it again, Jisoo." She pointed out.