Chapter 53

IRENE

"Rene, I have an emergency at home. I can't report to the office. And I am supposed to meet Ms. Roséanne Park and Ms. Kim Jennie today so I need you to meet them on my behalf. Don't worry I was able to insert the meeting on your schedule just check your calendar's task." It seems the odds are against me finishing off all of my tasks for today. No Wendy means extra work. But I am so determined to finish everything so I can go and see Lisa after work.

I met Ms. Park before and she's easy to deal with. I am already aware she's working with a business partner who was initially the one interested to invest in our company and convinced the former. I checked Ms. Kim Jennie's portfolio briefly. Interestingly she grew up in Korea and went abroad to work with Ms. Park. I looked at her corporate photo. As much as I don't want to give any comments about her, uhm, well, she's a woman with class for sure just like Ms. Park. She has the standard Korean beauty. More likely an IT girl. I didn't dwell that much since I don't know her personally. I can't just judge someone based only on their physical appearance. While Ms. Park looks Korean physically her thick Aussie accent is obvious and the way she moves is the same as foreigners. Maybe it's because of the culture she was exposed to during her childhood. Hmmm, I hope Ms. Kim wouldn't be hard to deal with.

My alarm snoozed and Secretary Yang arrived with the materials I asked from him. He's working directly under Wendy and he knows the drill in emergency cases like this. He would be assisting me because he knew the clients better. These clients are not just ordinary clients. They are foreign investors who could give the company more opportunities to be known to other investors. A good partnership means good business. Wendy wouldn't be worried about not meeting them if they are just regular clients.

Meeting Ms. Kim was actually a pleasant experience. She's smart and knows her craft as well. She speaks eloquently and is very well-rounded. She's someone you would love to join your team if you wish to achieve certain goals. We enjoyed talking about business while Ms. Park would chime in every now and then when she finds the topic interesting.

"It's unfortunate we didn't meet the former COO," Ms. Park then again opened the topic that we already discussed during our first encounter. "My business partner here got really impressed with her projects." She subtly glanced at Ms. Kim. "Would there be a way you can hire her? I would love her to head the projects." She clasped her hands as if contemplating something important. "Not that Ms. Son is lacking. She's competent but the projects were originally from Ms. Manoban. We wanted to know her inner thoughts about how she came up with those ideas." She met my gaze full of hope. "That is only my wishful thinking, COO Bae." She then turned her attention toward the painting on the wall and studied it.

"Rosie.." Ms. Kim was like cautioning her to drop the topic. She sipped on her tea cup. And gave me a satisfying look. Maybe she enjoyed the well-prepared tea by Secretary Yang. One thing I can say about them. They aren't just typical business partners. They have a special bond that's for sure.

Perhaps they were truly impressed by Lisa. And I would lie if I tell that my girlfriend's works aren't impressive for a newbie and had no background in the broadcasting or advertising industry. These people saw her potential just like my father did.

"I hope what I am asking isn't much COO Bae." My train of thought was cut short when Ms. Park spoke. She ignored her business partner and continued. "We wouldn't retract the deal, though. Again just my wishful thinking." She gave me a small smile while Ms. Kim was giving her a knowing look.

The idea of bringing Lisa back to the company is fine with me. But I don't think she would accept it. Ms. Park had a point but Lisa resigned to avoid working with me after the scandalous afternoon at the park with Seulgi happened. The final decision would be of course to rely on her solely.