Chapter 31

Wendy got back but instead to get inside the office she made a detour. She didn't want to disturb Lisa and Irene now that they seemed to be getting along with each other.

"Oh well so much work must be done, but I don't mind the delays." Wendy is about to head to the ads department when Heechul called her.

"Wendy, how's Lisa doing so far?" Heechul asked.

"She's great and easy to pick up Uncle," Wendy answered.

"I see, I should drop by her office."

"No, Uncle don't!" She immediately tried to stop him.

"Is she that busy?"

"Yes, yes. How about we go and talk about other matters, Uncle? I have something to talk about with you in private."

"Is this about your Dad?"

"Yes, Uncle."

"Okay, let's talk. I'll have my secretary prepare the snack."

Wendy is contemplating what topic should she discuss with Heechul. She does not know what alibis she should be telling him to buy the two some time together. It's not yet lunch and they might be caught by the CEO himself.

IRENE

"Did you like the food?" I asked Lisa.
I know I am a great cook but I haven't done this in a while.

"I don't like it," Lisa said as she wiped her mouth with the table napkin.

"Is it bad?" I kinda felt down. I thought I did great spending almost three hours cooking all those foods in hopes to show her that I am so grateful for her concern.

"Bad? No, it's not bad. It's great. That's why I don't like it. I love it, Joohyun. It is good to eat home-cooked meals like these. You are an awesome cook. Seulgi is damn lucky."

Why does she have to bring Seulgi into the conversation? Does she really think we are dating? I should pretend not to be bothered. Keep talking Joohyun. Everything is good. You should clear out the misunderstandings between you and Lisa. Be honest.

"Do you think so? Does anyone ever cooks for you?"

"I do the cooking sometimes Seulgi too. Whoever isn't busy shall cook. About Sooyaa, she likes to take out. But it's fine. I rather do the work. I don't really want her to be stressed out."

Now she brought up Chichu. Aigoo can we talk ourselves instead?

"She's not really into cooking. She loves to play games. She's a pro gamer."

"Really? I didn't know that. Seulgi is like that too so I won't dare make a bet when we are playing." She chuckled.

So Seulgi and Chichu have more things in common.

"I play games too. Chichu and I are a dynamic duo. We are unbeatable. How about telling her that we play together? Let's invite Seulgi too."

"Sure let's set the date for next week. Seulgi must not be busy by then."

"So what are your hobbies aside you love doing manual things? I heard you do extra work at the movie house and cafe. You even formulate a strong insecticide to eliminate the termites at the cafe. It has been an ongoing issue that my sister has been troubled with. Glad you came up with a better solution."

"Aye, yeah about that. I am extremely annoyed because the person they are paying for it did not do his best to eliminate the actual problems. Meaning to say the components of their insecticides aren't strong enough to kill the termites."