Chapter 49

THIRD PERSON'S POV

She busied herself cleaning the counter. After attending to a complicated customer she's finally left alone. The bar isn't that busy anymore. Most of the guests are slowly leaving the place. Due to curfew hours.

She continued what she was doing while whistling.

"Hey! What's up? Are we about to close?"

She looked at her business partner. "Oh my goodness, where have you been? I was looking for you."

"Why? I told you I'll be doing some inventory at the basement."

"That slipped my mind. I should have called you instead so you would see who came here."

"Huh? What did you mean? Who the hell came here?"

"She was here."

The newcomer paused and looked at her business partner finishing up the cleaning on the bar counter. She was contemplating asking more about the person who came there. "Was she alone?"

"I don't know. Maybe. But I think she's no longer single. Are you sure all about this?"

She scooted on the stool. "She's the reason why I came back. I am always sure about her."

"But you might not be able to get her back. I think she has moved on and is happy. She looks so fine and happy. You should also take my advice sis. Everything will just go down to waste." She's getting concerned with her business partner who she considers her friend too.

"No, this is the reason why I am back here. And have this bar for a change. I am not going anywhere. I will make sure to fix my relationship with her." She was so determined to do what she must do a few months ago.

"Hey, you're the one who left. You have forgotten that it was your decision to leave. Don't expect her to welcome you back after what you did. You have thrown away everything including her." The bartender reminded her friend.

"Are you my friend or not? Why are you saying negative things? You should encourage me instead that it would work out, haist."

"Just being honest here. I don't want you to get hurt. You declined all your suitors because you're still in love with your ex. But you're the one who causes all of the problems in the first place. So I don't really get it."

"Whatever. I'll just get some fresh air. Call me when you're about to close the bar."

"Yeah."

LISA

Our call ended and I missed her already. I only sighed. And checked the message on my phone.

🐰 : 😘 If it can't be tomorrow then maybe the next day? Or the next next day?

Joohyun is really cute. She always uses emojis just like me. I am about to reply but she beats me to it.

🐰 : Don't miss me too much, Lis. 😎

Me: Where did you get your confidence? I am surprised.

🐰 : I felt the longing over here. 😂😂😂

Me: 😱 wow!

🐰 : sleep now so you would be able to see me in your dreams, Lis. 🥱😪😪😪

Me: I hope it will happen.

🐰 : And no dirty thoughts and drooling. 😼🤤🤤🤤

Me: 😤 yah Bae Joohyun I am not thinking dirty, okay?

🐰 : You don't have to be shy, Lis. You're free to fantasize about me. Alrighty, good night. I love you!

Me: Yahhhh!!!!!