Robert Shwartzman [History Nerd]

A/N And one-shot number two is finished too. I let a website give me three random words because I wanted to go back into writing and this is what I made out of it. Welcome to a little dose of history. I really like this one (:

WORDCOUNT: 1997
______

As every year Prema is filming the videos of different challenges before the season starts. Mixing the drivers from different categories so that there are some variations and the bond between the drivers can be strengthened. For todays challenge I am paired with Robert who is driving in F2 while I test my luck in F3. We have spoken sometimes before but I am still not sure if he likes me or not, but we have to act like in the video anyways.

"So, we are going to play a little game where you have to tell us the date of historical events. Hit the buzzer and than you can speak." Angelina instructs us from behind the camera after we both had a microphone clipped onto our shirt to record our voices better.

"Why do you hate us?" Robert moans directly while I kind of cheer "This is easy." Robert glances at me like I am crazy and before the challenge even started, I feel a bit uncomfortable of being judged because I am quite good with remembering dates and stuff like this. Angelina smiles at us and waits for a few seconds to have our attention before she takes her notes and asks the first question.

"When was America discovered?" I only need a few second to have the number in my head and directly press my buzzer. "1492!" Is my answer which I continue in my head with Christopher Columbus accidentally discovered it because actually he wanted to find a route over the water from Europe to Asia. "That's right." Angelina gives me a smile and I have to smile back because this is already making me so much fun.

"When was the German wall build?" Is the second question and while Robert lets out some confused noises I can press the buzzer again.

"13th of August in 1961." I answer confidently and can see that some people look surprise at my precise answer. Angelina laughs softly "The year would have been enough, but do you know when it felled?" Easy as well. "9th November of 1989."

"Nerd." Robert huffs under his breath but I still hear him. This little word is like a hit for me, and I sink my gaze just for a second, not wanting to seem of on the video and try to act normal again. In this process I almost miss the next question and react a bit to late.

"First world war?" Was the question and this time Robert hits the buzzer too. "I was faster." He claims and looks at Angelina, hoping he can answer this question instead of me. "Yeah, you can have this one." I wave it off and make it look like I want Robert to have a chance to catch up, but the truth is I don't want to have all answers correct and at least grant him a point. "1914-1918." Is Robert's correct answer and with that there are only two more questions to go.

"When did Luther reveal his theses?" I need to think a few more heartbeats over this one but then I can hit the buzzer confidently "In 1516." Is my answer while I bite the inside of my cheek, maybe still a bit unsure. "Right again." Angelina cheers, making me laugh in joy. This is the best day ever!

"And the last one. When was printing books invented?" The question was barely finished when I hit the buzzer to answer, "In 1450." "I think it is clear who won this challenge." Angelina says, making it obvious that my last answer was right too, and I beat Robert 4:1.

"Why do you know all of these?" Robert asks me, still sitting on the couch where the videos are filmed. He looks a bit like he doesn't believe I really know them and rather that someone has gave me the answers before the quiz so that I can beat him, but I would have known so much more history related dates.

"That is trivial knowledge." I giggle and still feel a lot of joy by showing that racing drivers still can be smart. "No, you are just a nerd." Robert says with a laugh but there is this word again. Nerd. Feeling how the happiness is drained out of my body I turn to Rob and face him.