Max Verstappen [14]

A/N Wished by mclarendomination. Not my best work, but I hope you still like it!

TAGLIST: LilyHeseltineNew Maryletomlinson natalkaf1 cosmicless auguriaep MegTheF1Weirdo ALCAH94 landochamps_f1 imlikeeveryoneelse EsteGR21 anna131107

WORDS: 942

[14]- "If I ask you to kiss me in front of all these people, will you do it?"
_____

Developing love out of a friendship was never something I thought could happen to me, but falling in love with my best friend was just a natural process. Max and I shared a lot together. The first time falling in love, the first heartbreak and being in a relationship again. We went trough ups and downs together and somehow ended up being the perfect match for each other.

I asked him to keep the relationship private at first, knowing that if he announces that he is in a relationship would create a lot of hate I am not ready for. It was hard not to kiss him after a good result, only give him a, for friends, reasonably long hug. Max often pouted that he couldn't show me off, but still understands where my worries come from.

Being in a secret relationship did create some troubles during the season. Sneaking around in the hotel resulted in nearly getting caught several times. Kissing in his motorhome felt dangerous, but oh so good. We tested our limits probably way too often but still managed to make everyone believe we are still just friends.

This weekend the last race weekend will happen and even though Max has already secured his championship I still feel incredibly nervous for this weekend. I decided it is time to show the world that Max and I belong together, and I though I know the fear is not reasonable I fear that Max doesn't want to show me off anymore.

Waking up beside him this morning makes me sigh softly before I cuddle myself closer to his warm chest. Mornings like this feel like we are at home in our shared apartment and not in some random hotel room.

"Morning." Max mumbles, voice hoarse because he is still sleepy, and I hum something in response. Parting from Max means acting like we are just friends again and I am not ready for it yet. He doesn't mind and just lets his fingers wander over my back, maybe not wanting to part as well.

The alarm clock ends our shared time and with a soft sigh I sit up. "Everything okay?" Asks Max when I don't talk much when I usually am the chattier one in the morning. "Just a bit nervous." I smile at him, seeing him frown for a second.

"What makes you nervous? I can't lose the championship anymore and you know that I drive carefully, so there is no need to worry about me crashing the car."

"I know you try to be careful, but I will worry about you no matter what." I say, glad that he gave me the perfect response to his own question. Seeing him crash always makes my heart stop, but luckily there weren't too many of these moments in the last seasons. Silverstone still makes me shiver sometimes, but it is a thought I try to brush away as quickly as possible.

"Let's end this season on a high and then we can finally go on a vacation together." Max grins, expecting to win this race from pole position and I am sure if nothing dramatic happens he will manage to do it easily. I do look forward to our vacation, happy that we finally have some time together without having to think about the next race weekend coming up way too quickly.

We drove to the track together and parted ways there. Max gets with his team while I meet up with some friends I made during the last seasons. Watching the prerace show goes by quickly today and before I can even think more about my plan the lights go out and the race starts.

I didn't even manage to wish Max good luck today, but I hope my crossed fingers will do it today. Max does have some fierce battles for place 1 at first, but after a rather brave move he manages to finally put a distance between himself and his concurrence. The garage cheers when it is sure that Max is going to win the last race of the season and even though the nervousness takes over my body I can't stop smiling about another win.

We make our way to the podium together and wait for the world champion to arrive. Cheering and laughing when Max jumps into his mechanics and I wait more or less patiently until Max comes over to me.

As unusual he pulls me into a hug, lingers a bit longer than usual, before he wants to loosen his grip around me, but I keep him close, ready to ask him an important question.

"If I ask you to kiss me in front of all these people, will you, do it?" I ask Max, heart pounding with a bit of fear and I can see his eyes widen under the helmet before there is a big smile on his lips.

"Let me get rid of this helmet and I will show everyone who belongs to me." He promises and I blush, knowing well that the cameras catch this moment. Follow Max when he takes off his helmet, and the balaclava and makes his way back to me.

The interviewer looks more than confused when Max doesn't come to his interview but returns to the RedBull staff. Nothing could have prepared me for the following moment, but as soon as Max's arms are wrapped around me, I relax.

Simply let him kiss me while cheers echo around us. I can feel Max smile against my lips and can't stop myself from smiling as well. What a perfect way to end the season.