Lando Norris

A/N Spontaneous idea from me (: I posted a little (health) update on my profile if you are wondering why I didn't post much lately. 

BOOKS with him:
Learning to Love
Redamancy

TAGLIST: LilyHeseltineNew LilitzLilac63 archivebooks evabsmn natalaf1 enahb8 FrannHolland ZahraaBilal thexgirlxxx sssaaaaraaahhh amelia_bianchii milkandchillis Elizabeth100306 esservega butyouplaying summer00lala masonmouse rubyleclerc Jolixoxo LibbyMae12345 cuteanimalssss tomstoryholland Kathy-4 smallmonsterr

WORDS: 1000
_____

The unpleasant sound of an alarm clock rips me out of my dreams. My head is still pounding, and a soundless sight leaves my lips. It seems like the cold still didn't leave my body. I feel the mattress move beside me and how my heat source in form of my boyfriend is getting away from me. Fluttering I open my eyes and can see that Lando leaves the bed. "Hm..." I just home softly and draw his attention to me.

"Keep sleeping." He mumbles, gives me a featherlight kiss on my probably still warm forehead and I close my eyes again. Lando is probably leaving for a training session or something else at the headquarters, so I can sleep a bit longer. Not that I would be doing something else with the cold I have.

I do not know for how long I was sleeping, but the bed beside me is cold by now and at least the pounding in my head has disappeared. Carefully I sit up, almost expecting the dizziness I had experienced yesterday, but right now I feel all right. I put on some comfortable socks and decide that it is time to eat something. Slowly I walk to the kitchen and see something I didn't expect. A quick check on the watch confirms to me that Lando shouldn't be here and so I decide to announce my presence.

"Shouldn't you be training or doing something in the simulator?" I ask Lando and walk further into the kitchen, leading to him lifting his head. He pulls up his eyebrows and decides to not answer my question. "Shouldn't you be in bed?" He asks me a question back, why I left the bed in my state of illness.

"I am hungry." I explain to him and want to get myself some food, but Lando jumps up from the chair and stops me. "Wait, I'll make you something." He says and brings me to the bench in the corner of the kitchen where I sit down while protesting softly. I feel good enough to make myself some food, but Lando doesn't want to hear anything about it.

"As much as I like you being here, I am pretty sure you should be in a training session right now." I address the topic again after I glanced at the watch for a second time. Normally Lando would be away at this time of the day, and I wonder why he hasn't left. Lando mumbles an answer, but I can't hear it because it is barely audible.

"You have to speak a little bit louder." I laugh softly, even though it makes me cough immediately. Stupid cold. I take a sip from the cup of tea Lando gave me earlier and my coughing luckily stops.

"I cancelled," Lando repeats, and I am surprised. Why did he cancel his training? "But why?" I ask him because I don't see any reason for him to skip his day at work until a thought forms in my head.

"Wait, did I infect you?" I ask him, jump up from the bench and place my hand on his forehead to try and feel if he has a fever but his forehead feels like it has a normal temperature to me. I look at Lando, waiting for his explanation of this situation. "No." Lando confirms that he isn't sick, and I frown at his words.

"Then I don't understand why you are still here." I say honestly and still wait for Lando to explain to me why he didn't leave to go to work today.

"I will not leave you alone." Lando mumbles and brings me back to the bench, making me sit down on it. Just because I am ill Lando doesn't want to leave me alone? This might be a cute idea, but only if I would be really sick and not just have a cold that knocked me off my feet.

"I am ill and not close to death." I giggle, but Lando does not join me, so I stop it quickly. He is right, I was not feeling great during the last few days, but today it is already better, and I can't understand why Lando is skipping his training for such a banal reason.

"I still would prefer someone to have an eye on you." Lando sights and sits down beside me, placing a plate with fruit in front of me so that I can finally eat something. It seems like he thinks we said enough about this topic, but I think I have to tell him again that I would have preferred him leaving the house.

"And I would prefer it if my boyfriend would work on his racing career because he gets grumpy if he doesn't do anything for it." I mention to him teasingly. I know Lando if he doesn't do anything racing related for some days, he gets grumpy, and I don't want to deal with him then. Lando pulls his lips into a pout. "That is not the truth."

"A little bit." I smile and place my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and hums "Maybe a little bit." Admits what I said, and I decide it is time to change the topic.

"What do you think about a relaxed day on the sofa and tomorrow you go back to work as you should?" I suggest this because when he is at home, I want to savour my time with him. Lando debates the pros and cons in his head before answering me.

"Fine."

And like this we share lovely hours on the sofa, watch movies, and catch up on the series we neglected during the last weeks and even though the cold is making me tired, I manage not to sleep. I enjoy having Lando close to me and no matter if I support his decision not to go to work today, I could not be happier right now. 

_____

I hope you like it! Leave me a vote and some feedback (: