Oscar Piastri [39]

A/N Wished by alelealeooo. I hope you like it! Back from my grandparents again and I hope to get some writing done (:

TAGLIST: LilyHeseltineNew aleepiastri_ Airwaveee Mi1234ll archivebooks Guineapig08 smallmonsterr

WORDS: 1172

[39]-I love you, I am just not that good at showing it
_____

"Babe?" Oscar tries to get your attention, but you are deeply in your thoughts, not realising that your boyfriend wants to talk with you. "Love?" Another time Oscar tries to get your eyes on him, but you keep looking out of the window, watching the surroundings, still not noticing that you are no longer alone at home but in company of your significant other.

"Hello?" Now Oscar waves his hand in front of your eyes what finally gets you back to the now and here. You blink a few times spotting Oscar crouching in front of your reading armchair in which you cuddled yourself up with an enjoyable book which is now laying, long forgotten, in your lap.

"Oh, Hi Oscar." You smile at your boyfriend who seems to have returned home from his appointments and your heart flutters, just as every other time when you see him, but lately the sight of Oscar has something bitter, and you are not sure how to talk with him about it or if you really should address it.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Oscar needs to rip you out of your thoughts again and your brain needs a few seconds to process what he asked you. When you get his question, you gently shake your head.

"Nothing, just let them wander a bit." You shrug with your shoulders, trying to brush the topic of but Oscar tilts his head a bit to the side, already sensing that you are not telling him the whole truth. He is always the first who knows when someone is lying or holding back bits of the truth and most of the time, he manages to get the whole story out of everybody.

"I am not sure if I believe you." Oscar speaks up and you avoid his searching eyes, sighting softly before you bite your lip, hoping that Oscar didn't hear it, but of course you have no luck and now he is even more eager to find out why you are so deeply in your thoughts.

"See, something is bothering you." He takes your hands in his and you finally look into his eyes, not able to resist them and you decide that it is maybe for the better to tell Oscar what is going around your head lately.

"Promise me you will not be angry." You make him swear because you really fear that he will be angry with you because you assume what you think of. This could be a turning point in your relationship, either to the better or, what would be devastating, to the worse.

"As long as you didn't cheat on me, we can talk about everything." Oscar promises you and your heart starts to beat faster in your chest because now you have to talk about everything. Since you are not saying anything, Oscar starts to worry.

"You didn't cheat on me, or?" Voice barely a whisper, making you realise that you stressed him out with the break after his question. "Of course not!" You promise him and he visibly relaxes. Cheating is something you would never do and something you would never tolerate when your partner would do it.

"Great, because this is kind of a fear I have." He admits and your heart starts to ache. Maybe you should talk about Oscar's fears first because they are way more important than yours. Well, at least this is what you think about them.

"Os..." You try to start to talk with him about this topic, but he stops you because you can say more than his name. "No, this is not about me not. Let's talk about you." He blocks and you nod slowly. Even though you want to talk with him about his thoughts. and feelings now you have to be brave first and speak about your own. You take one last breath, before you ask the question which is burning on you tongue.

"Do you love me?"

"What?" Oscar looks at you in shock, eyes widen because he is so surprised of your question. You know that this is probably not what Oscar has thought of when he senses something off with you, but this is a topic which is important for you and since you are not sure if you can answer this question with yes you have to ask Oscar himself if he does love you. He is not answering you at first and you decide to repeat the question.

"Do you love me?"

"What makes you think I don't?" Oscar doesn't hesitate to ask this question back and you almost sight in relieve because he doesn't sound angry at all. Simply curious what made you come to this conclusion. Usually, you just know that your partner loves you but what do you do when this is not the case? Be silent about it or confront your significant other about it, what could end up in a fight.

"Well, I know I shouldn't compare us to other couples, but it seems like you are not as affectionate as other guys. You don't do romantic gestures and sometimes it feels more like we are friends than a couple." You carefully explain Oscar what made you think that he is not loving you. Even though you know it is never a good choice to compare other relationships to the own, you still did it.

"Os I am sorry if I hurt you with this." You speak up because Oscar is not reacting to your words. No anger, no disappointed sign on his face, no glimpse that he understands where your worry comes from, just silence.

"I love you; I am just not that good at showing it." He finally starts talking, looking out of the window, now him being the one who avoids eye contact. You let him speak because you really want to hear his thoughts on this topic.

"I do think about romantic gestures but then shove them away because I think they are too much and if I have minimalistic ideas, I fear they might be too little." Oscar admits and finally looks at you, eyes catching each other, and you relax in your armchair because if his words.

"Don't think too much about it and just try. If there is something I don't like I will tell you." You softly brush with your fingertips over his cheek, letting your hand rest there while he cuddles himself against it.

"You don't need to be affectionate in public if you don't feel comfortable with it. I just want to make sure you stay with me because of love and not because you don't want to hurt my feelings." You try to end the topic with these words because you know talking about this exhausted both of you.

"I love you." Oscar whispers and in this moment, you feel nothing but pure love between you. All doubts faded away just because you finally talked and now your bond is stronger again, making the future look bright again.
_____

Don't forget to leave me a vote <3