Carlos Sainz [34]

A/N Wished by  Littlemissunnoticed. I hope you like it!

TAGLIST: Flummie12, sssaaaaraaahhh, archivebooks, thorsaluakaANGUS2THEBEAT

WORDS: 1120

[34] - "So... Do you actually like me—" "We have been together for seven years. We're getting married next year. What the hell do you think?"
_____

Sighting I brush my fingers through my hair and take a deep breath. The day was more than stressful, tired me out and I should have been aware that this day couldn't be a good one already when it started. My alarm clock didn't ring, I tipped over my coffee during breakfast and almost didn't make it to work on time and my bad day just continued. My colleagues acted like they were new in the company, making it difficult for me to get anything done with them and then my boss told me I would be responsible for a big commission. What would be great if I wouldn't be sure to get fired if I mess anything up.

Luckily this day has come to an end I can finally drive home to Carlos. This is what kept me going the whole day because without thinking of him I would have gone mad already. We want to spend a romantic evening together, something we didn't manage to do for way too long.

When I enter our apartment, the horror enters a new round. First, I trip over his golf cubs which he placed in the middle of the hallway, something that makes my blood boil, but I close my eyes for a few heartbeats and take a deep breath to calm my nerves down. Carlos is and will be a chaotic person and even after reminding him a couple of times his stuff will be placed somewhere it shouldn't be.

But I don't want to be too upset by it, so I hang up my jacket, get rid of my shoes and walk over to the kitchen to see where Carlos is, but the horror just continues. There is a lot of stuff in the kitchen sink the surfaces of the kitchen counters a littered with different things and I can't believe my eyes. How does Carlos manage to make the kitchen look like this in just a couple of hours?

"Carlos?" I shout through the apartment, still rather calm even though so many negative feelings are bubbling on my inside.

"Give me a second." I hear his voice coming from the bedroom and just a few heartbeats later Calos appears with a big smile on his lips.

"Hello Hermosa," Carlos mumbles cupping my cheeks with his hands and wanting to kiss me, but I wriggle myself out of his grip and cross my arms in front of my chest. He lifts one of his eyebrows and looks at me confused.

"What's wrong?"

"Are you serious? I was only away for a couple of hours, and it looks like a tornado went through our apartment!" I start with my rambling and before Carlos can say anything I continue. "How many times did I tell you that you shouldn't left your bag in the middle of the hallway and what the hell happened in the kitchen?"

Before I can keep rambling angry Carlos starts to defend himself. "I just came home myself and would have placed the bag in the closet later. And sorry that I cooked something, and for your information it was for both of us." Then he adds something that makes me gasp. "And how is it my fault when you return sooner than usual?"

"Oh, now it is my fault that you like living in such chaos. But of course, the great Carlos Sainz has no fault." I hiss these words and he rolls his eyes. "I didn't mean it that way."

"You know what?" I stop him before he can say more. "You make me sick." I walk past him and before I close the door of the bedroom behind me, I shout, "And you can sleep on the couch."

Sighing I slide to the ground, back against the door and try to calm myself down. I didn't want to shout at Carlos, and this should have been a great evening, but all of the anger needed to get out of me. Another time I let my fingers brush through my hair and stand up to make myself ready for bed. Luckily, I don't need to return to the hallway because we have a bathroom connected to our bedroom. I brush my teeth, make a short version of my skincare routine, and put on what I usually wear to sleep.

After that, I cuddle myself under the blanket and try to fall asleep. After some time, I didn't manage to fall asleep, I could hear the door open and try to breathe shallow. Soft steps come to the bed, and I pretend to be asleep. The mattress sinks when Carlos lays down behind me. He hesitates for a moment before he wraps his arm around me.

"I know that you are awake." He mumbles against the skin of my neck after he cuddled himself closer to me. I just sigh softly but then lean back against his broad chest.

"I am sorry for yelling at you. My day was not that great." I mutter into the darkness, relax against his warm body and get a hum in return.

"It's okay, I deserved it. Sorry for leaving everything on the ground and in the sink, I cleaned up everything."

"Thank you." I say, glad that he isn't mad and that he did clean up the stuff he left on the ground and littered the kitchen with. Ready to fall asleep now, I turn in his embrace, to lay my head on his chest, When Carlos speaks up again.

"So... Do you still like me?" He asks hesitatingly, and I am fully awake now. What is he thinking?

"We have been together for seven years. We are getting married next year. What the hell do you think?" I ask him and would laugh if he didn't sound so serious with his question. This isn't by far the worst fight we had in this relationship and now he doubts I might not be fully in love with him anymore.

"I know I can be hard to live with, you like your surroundings being cleaned, I tend to be a bit messy. I just want to make sure this is still what you want." Carlos shrugs his shoulders, his accent heavy, just like every time he isn't sure or comfortable with something.

"I love you Carlos and this isn't going to change just because you leave a trace of chaos behind." I reassure him and his grip around me tightens.

"I love you too and I will try to get better at keeping things clean." He mutters and even though the evening started with a fight it now ends with us being cuddled together and still being in love.