~48~

Alyx's outfit^

Alyx's POV

I wake up freezing my ass off. I shiver and reach for a blanket but feel nothing. I slowly open my eyes but quickly shut them when the sun blinds me. I rub my eyes to adjust them to the light. We're still in the treehouse, but it's morning now.

I glance over to Wes still passed out. He's lying on his back on the other side of the floor. Damn, we must have passed out after talking all night. I notice what's left of the blunt laying on the floor beside me. Oh, yeah. I smoked with Wes last night. Weed makes him talkative as hell. He asked so many questions, too. Nosy perv. I also didn't want to tell him anything because I didn't want him to picture Amaya like that. I don't want anyone to see her like that but me.

Ugh. What am I saying? Others have already seen her like that. Jason and whoever that 'Tommy' dick is. I wonder if anyone else has. They're the only two I know about. I never asked her what her body count is. It doesn't really seem like any of my business to know how many people she has slept with. No matter how much I want to know. But the way she told her story seemed like she was with Tommy then met Jason right after. Her and Jason weren't exclusive or anything, though. What if she had more than one 'Jason'? What if she slept with Ryland? Or Ronnie? Or Dylan? Kayson? Aaron? Gavin? Ugh. Thinking about this is going to drive me insane. Maybe I could ask her next time. Maybe she won't get mad. Ugh, it's none of your business, Alyx! I let a groan out. It's not like it even matters.

"Mmm, what time is it?" Wes asks. He sits up and rubs his eyes.

I reach for my phone to notice it won't come on. "I don't know. Phone's dead."

He reaches for his phone and groans. "It's eight-thirty. Did we really fall asleep up here? It's fucking freezing."

"Yeah, we're the dumbasses who fell asleep up here in November."

"My mom's going to kill me."

We stand up and stretch before making our way down the ladder. We sneak back around the house again. When we reach the front of the house, both their cars are gone. "What the hell? Did they really not notice I wasn't in my room? Ouch. I'm going to pretend that doesn't sting."

"Hey. Don't feel so bad. They probably noticed your car out here and just assumed you were up in your room."

"Yeah. You want to go get some breakfast? I'm starving."

"Sure. I'll pay you back next time." He just nods and climbs in the car. I follow him and close the door behind me. I eye his charger hooked into his car's port. "Do you care if I use your charger?"

"No. Go ahead."

"Thanks." I plug it up and turn it back on. I pull up Amaya and I's messages. I know she said not to text her, but what could it really hurt?

'Hey... Are you okay?' I press send. I lock my phone back and listen to my stomach grumble.

"Same, dude. I'm hungry as hell," Wes laughs.

When we finally pull up to the restaurant, I quickly realize where we are. A small diner on the edge of town we used to come to when we were kids. Every time I would stay with Wes on the weekends, his parents would take us here.

I let a little laugh out. "Dude, I haven't been here in years."

"I still eat here with Claire every now and then. It's been a little while."

"Is the food still good?" I ask.

"Hella good, Alyx. Like always. It's the same cook."

"I already know what I'm going to get," I whisper, my mouth watering.