~10~

Alyx's POV

It's finally Friday, and I'm glad. I just want to be alone all weekend. Amaya isn't talking to me anymore, I didn't get any sleep, and my elbow and hip are sore from yesterday. They didn't bruise, thankfully.

It's almost time for my sixth period. With Amaya. I'm not going to say anything to her today. I obviously bothered her yesterday. I wonder if she got in trouble with her uncle. If that's who called her the other night, she did talk to him inappropriately. She must really not like him.

The bell rings, and I head to History. I feel sick. She's not in there when I walk in. I take my seat and wonder if she's even coming today. I look up when I hear a familiar giggle coming from the door. It's Amaya on her phone with someone. She walks by me and sits down in her seat.

"Yeah, that sounds really great. Thanks. I got to go now," she says. I don't talk or even turn around to catch a glimpse of her. Mr. Todd comes in and starts class.

He gets done five minutes early today and says we can talk if we keep quiet. Everyone obviously starts talking. I'm about to lay my head down when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I tense, knowing who it is. I turn around, and Amaya is looking at me with a happy glimmer in her eyes. She seems like she's in a better mood today.

"Hey. What are you doing tonight?" she asks with a big smile. My heart starts going crazy. Oh, that gorgeous, heart-throbbing smile. I can't handle how cute she looks right now. Her blonde hair is slightly wavy, and it looks so soft. Her blue-green eyes are lined with black eyeliner. She's wearing gray leggings and a green T-shirt that looks a little big for her.

I stop daydreaming and reply to her, "Uh, nothing. W-why?"

Her smile seems to grow even bigger. Oh, my poor heart. She leans forward on her desk, making me get a whiff of her perfume. I grip the edge of my seat with my hand. She smells so good. I gulp and control my breathing, trying my hardest to ignore the pleasant floral scent.

"That's great. You should come hang out with me and some friends of mine," she says. She looks really excited. Why did she invite me? Isn't she mad at me? Maybe she was just in a bad mood yesterday. I really want to see her more. I'll just grow a pair and go with her. Wait, with her friends!? "It'll be fun. I really wanted us to get to hang out. The other day didn't count." She pouts her lips before saying, "Please?" Oh, god. My eyes wander down to her lips before I quickly snap them back to her eyes. I hope she didn't notice that. How could I reject her when she looks like that? Giving me pouty lips. So freaking cute!

"Okay, I'll go," I agree. Whatever happens tonight, will be worth it. As long as I get to spend time with Amaya, I'll call it a win.

A grin spreads across her face. "Good! You can just ride with me after school if you want. I can take you by your house if you need something."

"Okay. I don't need anything from home." She might want to come in, and my room's a mess.

"I'll wait on you by my car after last period then.

Class flies by, and the bell finally rings. My last period couldn't have gone by any faster, either. I was hoping I could have some time before this. I'm so nervous.

The final bell rings, and I head to the parking lot. She's standing there like she said she would be. I rub my palms on my jeans and walk over to her.

"Hey, Alyx. Ready?" she asks. I really like the way my name sounds coming from her.

"Yeah." We climb in and buckle up. Once again, I'm in her car! Twice in one week! She cranks it and turns the radio on a low volume.

We ride down the road while listening to the music. I finally decide to ask her about yesterday. I have to know. "Why'd you invite me? Yesterday, you said to leave you alone."