~70~

*Drug warning

Alyx's POV

After we all sit on the floor, and Amaya gets it rolled, Wes hands her the same lighter we used the last time him and I were up here. "Maybe it'll still work," he says.

"I hope so. I left mine in my car, and I really don't feel like climbing back down to go get it," she says.

"It's like six or seven years old. It worked like two weeks ago, though."

Amaya's eyes widen at him. "Why the hell do you have a lighter that old?"

"We used to burn stuff up here," I tell her.

Her eyes widen even more. "Damn, a little arsonist, huh? Thought you didn't do anything bad."

Wes lets a snort out. "I don't think burning our old homework or my mom's receipts she threw out is considered that bad."

"Hey, we did almost burn the treehouse down that one time." I glance back to Amaya to see her looking amused with our conversation. "He thought bringing a can of air freshener up here and using it with the lighter would be fun."

Amaya lets a laugh out. "Oh my god." She shakes her head and flicks the lighter, and surprisingly, it lights up. "Holy shit. It actually lit."

"First try, too." Wes actually looks proud of his long lasting lighter.

Amaya lights the blunt and takes a few puffs from it before passing it to me. I take it and just now start feeling the excitement of smoking with my girlfriend and my best friend at the same time. I hit it slow to avoid coughing this time, and it works. I still feel the harshness in my lungs, but I savor the taste in my mouth. I really like the flavor. Who knew weed smoke actually tastes good? I exhale and take another puff.

"Hurry the hell up," Wes rushes me, already stretching his hand out.

I roll my eyes. "Here."

He greedily takes it, inhales way too fast, and almost coughs a lung up.

"Dumbass," I mumble under my breath. Amaya looks over at me with an odd expression on her face. Why is she looking at me like that?

"Shut up! I'm not used to it like you."

I turn my attention back to him. "I've barely smoked more than you!"

"But it's still more than I have!" He hits it again before passing it back to Amaya.

"Like twice!"

"That's still more!"

"If I were just an outsider and didn't know firsthand, I'd assume you two were dating." My jaw drops, and Wes makes some more choking sounds. We look at her with pure shock. She takes a draw off the blunt before raising her eyebrows. "What?"

"What the hell?" Wes says, staring at me with furrowed brows. He looks me up and down before scrunching his nose up.

"Don't check me out!" I shove his arm with my hand.

"I wasn't!" He rolls his eyes. "I was just thinking about how if I was gay, I could do so much better than you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," he argues back.

"Well, so could I!"

Amaya bursts into a fit of giggles. I look over at her in love with the smile she has on her face and the sound of her laughter. "I knew I shouldn't have said it, but I wanted to see how you two would react. It was definitely worth it." She passes the blunt to me, her hand slightly shaking from her laughter.