~32~

*Mature

Alyx's POV

A small gasp leaves my lips. There's no way she just said that to me. No way! What kind of things? It's kind of obvious what kind of things she's talking about, Alyx!

She grabs my hand and leads me toward my bed. I nervously gulp. Is this happening? Where's this going to lead? She sits down, and I take a seat by her. I know I'm already blushing. She looks in my eyes and grabs my hand again. I look down at our hands and see her knuckles are red. I pull it up to inspect it better. She hurt her hand again. For me. She looks down and sees the damage. Her eyes flicker back up to mine.

"Why'd you do that?" I ask softly.

"I think that's pretty self-explanatory." Her eyes narrow. "You're covered in bruises. I wanted to kill him." My eyes widen at her answer. "It makes me sick someone would do that to you. To you." She pushes some of her hair behind her ear. "Do you know why he would do this?"

"No. He's never done anything like this before. He usually just calls me any other name that starts with 'A', just to mess with me, I guess. He's shoved me before, but that's it."

"What exactly did he do?" She looks angry.

"He shoved me to the ground and kicked me in the ribs." I sound like such a loser. I'm so ashamed even telling her this. I decide against telling her about the knife. That'll probably just send her right back to the party to continue where she left off. "I tried to fight back. It just made him angry, and he kicked me a couple more times."

She takes a deep, steady breath. "If it happens again, tell me. I know you probably don't think there's much I could do being a girl, but I can make him stop. I can get Ryland and Ronnie to beat his ass. They will." I crack a smile at that. "I'm serious. So, tell me. Please. You don't deserve that. You're too good." She shouldn't have to stand up for me. I should be able to do it for myself. Ugh, I hate being so wimpy.

She leans in and surprises me with a kiss. She puts her hand on my cheek, pressing her lips harder against mine. I respond, kissing her back. After a few seconds, I feel something wet on my cheek. I pull back and notice a trail of moisture escaping her eye. A second tear slips down her cheek.

"Please keep kissing me." She pulls me back in and connects our lips. I lift my hand and rub the tear away from her face. She's crying over me getting hurt. It's like she cares about me. I mean, this obviously means she cares about me, right? Why else would she do all of that? Why would she be kissing me right now if she didn't care? She slowly rubs her lips against mine before nibbing on my lip. I sigh in the kiss. This always feels so right. It calms me yet excites me at the same time.

She pulls back and bites her lip. "Move back against the headboard," she requests.

I immediately oblige. I scoot back from her and prop myself against it. She stares at me with an unreadable expression. Her tears are gone, but I still can't figure out why she would even cry for me in the first place. She puts her knee on the bed, climbing on it. She grips my shoulders with her hands and throws her other knee over me. She settles herself on my lap, making every muscle in my body tense up.

There's no way this is happening right now. She's seriously straddling me! This is too much. I don't need to get hard right now, though! I definitely will if she scoots up any closer. She's sitting on the middle of my thighs right now. In a skirt! Her panties are touching me! Wait, does she wear panties?! Oh my god! What if she doesn't? I feel myself getting stiffer at the thought of her being bare on top of me.

I grip the covers with my fingers and try to relax, which is impossible. We're all alone in my house and in a completely different atmosphere. Mainly due to this position. She runs one of her hands up my neck, stroking her thumb against it and sending tingles throughout my body. Okay, yeah. This is definitely too much.