~77~

*Drug/mature talk warning

Alyx's POV

An hour and five shots later, a lot of people have shown up, but I'm barely even bothered by them. I feel fantastic. We haven't smoked, but just the alcohol buzz feels great. Music is bumping now. Elaine is dancing with Kayson. Ryland is flirting with some girl in the corner. Gavin is still pouring shots out for everyone. Amaya and I have been sitting at this counter taking shots Gavin pours and talking. Mainly laughing at Ryland.

She suddenly leans in close to me, and I smell her perfume. I smell the liquor on her, too. It actually kind of blends good together. "I want to smoke."

"Me, too."

She leans back and yells for Ryland. He says something to the girl he's talking to and comes over. "Do you have some weed we could smoke with Elaine for her birthday?"

"When do I not have weed?" He pulls some out of his pocket, along with a packet of rillos. "Want me to roll one? Or two?"

"Two, please."

"As you wish." He climbs onto the other bar stool beside her. "Here. You roll the other, and we'll race."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. Scared of getting your ass kicked?"

She lets a scoff out. "Alright, fine." She grabs the other rillo and starts breaking her some down, filling up the wrap.

Once they both have it prepared, Ryland looks at me. "Alyx, you be the ref."

I let a laugh out. "Okay. Ready? Go."

They both pick their blunt up and begin rolling. I've got to admit, watching this is entertaining. They're both doing a fast job, too. Amaya works her magic and gives it one last lick, sealing it. She places it on the table and crosses her arms with a smug expression.

Ryland sets his down immediately after her. It was a close call, but Amaya did get it done first. They both look at me with anticipation.

"Amaya won," I announce, pointing at her.

"Ha!" she yells the same time Ryland groans.

"I think the ref is biased."

"Whaaatt?" I say, a little high pitched. "Of course not."

Amaya giggles, staring at me. I guess because of what I said. My chest warms at the fact I made her laugh, though.

"Don't be a baby," Amaya teases him.

"Hmm, you must just be good with your tongue. Whore much?"

"Better than you! Asshole!"

He lets a scoff out. "Babe, I swing both ways. Trust me, you're not better than me." Welp. That was a little too much information.

She opens her mouth but closes it, glaring her eyes. "As soon as you get drunk, you have to announce you're bi every five seconds."

"Well, yeah. How else am I supposed to get the fact across?"

She rolls her eyes. "Let's go to the couch," Amaya gets up, grabs the blunt she rolled, and grasp my hand with her free one. She pulls me through the crowd of people until she finds Elaine. "Hey, do you want to smoke?"

"Yeah, but we have to go outside. My dad doesn't want us smoking in the house anymore."

"Okay."

Elaine tells Gavin to come and grabs Kayson before leading us all to the back door that leads to an outdoor patio. Damn, I did want to smoke, but it's cold out here. Amaya's only half dressed. She's got to be freezing.