~62~

*Mature themes

Alyx's POV

Once we reach the living room, I expected her to drop my hand, but she continues leading me all the way to the couch. She takes a seat and pulls me down with her. She stares into my eyes without saying anything. Again, what is she planning?

Suddenly, her lips press against mine. Woah. It's slow and gentle, not exactly what I had in mind. Her soft lips repeatedly kiss mine. God, I want to reach out and touch her, but Connor's right down the hall. I could lock us in my room; I don't feel right doing that, though. Plus, my mom could come home at any time. I don't think Rachel would continue using me for a babysitter if they walked in on something.

I slowly pull back from her, against all my physical instincts telling me not to. "Hey, maybe we should sto-" I'm shut up when her lips are on mine again. Her hands make their way up my chest, past my collarbones, and settle on the sides of my neck. Her hands are cold, but it feels kind of nice against my warming skin.

"I don't want to," she mumbles against my lips. Oh my god. Neither do I. She turns her body more towards me, her leg propped up on the couch. I adjust my body, too, my knee touching hers. She drops one of her hands to my knee and grips it.

"But Connor," I whisper, breathlessly.

"We're just kissing," she points out.

"Yeah, but," I stop myself. I don't want to hurt his feelings. It'd probably break his little heart if he saw me kissing the girl he has a crush on, even if he doesn't have any realistic chance with her. Plus, if he saw us, he'd probably tell on us, and that would ruin the whole secret.

"But what?" she asks, fully pulling away.

I let a sigh out. I glance into her eyes to see multiple different emotions swimming in them. Curiosity, frustration, and a hint of... lust? "I don't think Connor needs to find out about us."

"Oh, because he might tell your mom?"

"Well, yeah, but, um... I learned something new today. About Connor. And I think it'd be best if we stop before he wakes up."

Once again, curiosity is plastered all over her face. Her head even tilts to the side. Hmph, cute. "What'd you learn?"

I bite down on my lip and turn my face away from her. "I can't say."

"Ugh," she groans, making me look at her. "What the hell, Alyx? You've got to tell me."

I let a small grin creep on my face. "It's a secret."

Her eyes narrow into small slits. She crosses her arms against her chest, drawing my eyes there for a split second. "Why bring it up then?" I continue to ignore her. I know she hates when I won't tell her something, so I can't help having a little fun with it, especially since it's nothing serious. Hopefully, she can see that from the smirk forming on my face.

A huff escapes her, and suddenly I feel a small jab in my side. Embarrassing giggles escape me. No! Fuck! Why is she doing this?!

"Tell me, and I'll stop." Her fingers continue their tickling torture. Fuck this. I'm getting her back this time. I shove my hand forward until I reach her side. I attack her waist with my fingers. A small squeal radiates from her, followed by a bunch of giggles. She falls on her back, and her fingers that were tickling me drop until they're wrapped around my wrist, trying to pull my hand away. "Please stop. Please." I lean over her and use my free hand to find her ribcage, tickling there. A louder laugh escapes her. "I'm begging. Please," she drags the word out.

She's so beautiful when she's laughing. Her eyes are squeezed shut in the cutest way. Her nose scrunches up, and her teeth shine so bright. How much more adorable can she fucking get? Even the sound of her laugh is contagious. I can't help but laugh with her. Her cheeks begin turning red, and tears form in the corners of her eyes.