~60~

Alyx's POV

Mom shows up in the middle of the movie with bags of Chinese food in each arm. I jump up to help her put the stuff on the table. "Hey, hon. Did you have a good day?" Mom asks.

I sneak a peek at Amaya. "I had a really good day, actually."

"That's good. Alright, let's dig in. I'm starving."

"How much was mine?" Amaya asks.

"Oh, no. Don't worry about it, sweetheart; I covered it," Mom assures her.

"Oh. Thank you so much."

"It's no problem." My mom passes our food to us.

"We're going to eat on the couch and finish this movie, Mom." I grab my food and a few of the wontons. I also grab both of us two can drinks and head back to our spots on the couch. Amaya sits up straight and digs into her box of noodles. She's using the chopsticks like a pro. To this day, I still struggle with mine.

I cross my legs on the couch and immediately dig into the cream cheese wontons. I tip one in half and toss it in my mouth. I roll my eyes back at the taste.

"Are those good?"

"You've never had a cream cheese wonton?" She shakes her head. "Well, if you like cream cheese, they're to die for. Do you want to try one?"

"Sure." I offer my plate towards her to let her grab one. She swiftly picks one up with the chopsticks. She rips it in half with her fingers and puts some in her mouth, tasting it. "Oh, my god. That's really good." She lowers her voice. "How many times are you going to feed me good food in one day?"

I let a low laugh out. "As many times as you want."

She smiles and throws the other half of the wonton in her mouth. I eat my noodles and continue watching the movie. When we finish the food and the movie's over, Amaya yawns. "Are you tired?" I ask.

"A little."

"If you want to go ahead and go, you can. I don't want you driving too sleepy."

She looks at her phone, I'm assuming to check the time. I notice it's only five thirty. I'm also a little tired. We've had a lot of excitement today and ate a lot of awesome food. She did drive a lot today, too.

"Yeah, I guess I should go. I'm going to end up taking a nap here if I don't go now."

"Let me walk you out." I stand with her. She goes to grab her garbage to throw away, but I stop her. "Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it."

"Oh, okay. Well, thanks." She heads toward the front door but stops by the kitchen entrance. "Thank you for the food."

My mom looks up from her phone and smiles. "You're welcome. Have a good night."

"You, too," Amaya gives her a charming smile before she opens the front door. I step out with her and stand on the porch. "Bye, Alyx. I had a really good time with you today."

"Me, too. I'll pick you up in the morning."

"Okay. I'll see you then." She turns to walk away, but I grab her wrist, stopping her. "What is it?"

I gulp and look down. "I want to kiss you. I know we don't really need to be seen out here by anyone or by my mom but still."

She looks hesitant. "Wait until in the morning. You'll have something to look forward to."

"Okay," I say, trying not to sound disappointed. I guess she doesn't know that I look forward to just seeing her.

"Bye," she says with a wave.