~80~

*Foul language/violence warning

Alyx's POV

"Damn, Maya. That's a big ass hickey!" Why is everyone pointing it out? "Did this kid do that?" Kid? I bite the inside of my cheek. "Hmm." His eyes flicker over to mine. "Anyway, I don't know if she's mentioned me or not, but I'm Tommy. She probably refers to me as her ex, but I wouldn't really go that far. You know, I used to leave hickeys all over her, too. In fact, I was the first one ever to leave them on her."

I clench my fists in anger. I feel my eyes narrow, and I flare my nostrils. I glance down to Amaya to make sure she's okay. She's completely frozen in her spot, her eyes never leaving him.

Concern for her instantly takes my interest off of him. "Amaya?" She doesn't respond. Her brows furrow, and her head tilts slightly to the left. She opens her mouth, but no words come out. She takes a step back and trips over my foot, stumbling into my chest. I put my hand on her waist and arm, catching her. "Amaya?" I rub the small of her back, trying to get her to focus on me. "Are you okay?"

"Don't you think you're being a little dramatic? You've had plenty of time to get over me."

I let an aggravated huff out, turning to glare at him. "I think you need to leave her alone. You're making her uncomfortable."

"Okay? And I give a fuck?" I take a step forward, gently pushing Amaya behind me. Elaine steps to her side, wrapping an arm around her. He lifts an eyebrow. "Don't try to be a hero. It won't end good for you."

"Hey, guys. Let's just chill out and have fun," Dylan says, stepping forward. "Let's go grab a drink in the kitchen, Tommy."

"Nah, I'm good right here." Dylan purses his lips but gives up, stepping back. "I actually wanted to talk to Maya. Or should I say Amaya?" Tommy teases in a mocking manner.

"Don't call me that." Amaya's voice finally makes an appearance. I turn back to look at her. She has this murderous glint in her eyes. "He's the only one that calls me that. You're not allowed to." I am? Well, basically everyone calls her 'Maya'. I just like it better. The 'A' is too precious to leave off her name.

"Oh? It's your name, though. Should I call you what I used to then?" His face holds so much amusement, like this is entertaining to him. It's disgusting. She glares and steps forward. Elaine tries holding her back but gets yanked forward in the process. "Hmm, Maya Papaya? You remember when I gave you that nickname?" I notice her body start to tremble. "I know you do. You remember everything that involved me, don't you?"

"Fuck you," she spits, causing his smug smile to grow.

That's it. I've had enough. I'm done with him terrorizing her. I take another step closer to him, pulling my shoulders back.

He smirks at me, looking me up and down. He gives me that same unimpressed look from the first time I met him. "You really want to do this?"

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly intimidated. He just gives off that aura. He's about the same height as me, but his build is bigger. Plus, he's older than me, so I'm sure he's been in his fair share of fights. I've only been in one, not including the tussle I had with Luke. But Nathan was older, too, and I technically won against him. I was also drunk. Just like I am now. Hell, maybe I can take him. I literally feel my confidence boost up. I'm defending my girl today.

I take another step forward, making him take one, too. "Yeah. I do."

I feel fingers wrap around my wrist, and I already know who they belong to. "Alyx, wait-"

"Hell no!" Ryland's voice echoes over the music, causing someone to cut it off. Ryland pushes his way through the crowd and shoves Tommy hard in the chest, making him stumble back. "What the fuck are you doing here?! Why the hell are you talking to her? You have some god damn nerve!" All eyes are on us. A few people are even pulling up their phones to record. So, Ryland knows Tommy? And based on his reaction, he knows more about him than I do. And they don't seem to be good things.