~68~

Amaya's outfit and hair^

Alyx's POV

We park in the street in front of Jason's house, and like Amaya said, no one appears to be home. I'm a nervous wreck. I glance over to Amaya to see if she's even the slightest bit. Of course not. She appears to not have a care in the world for what we're about to do.

What would even happen to her if she was to go to jail? Would her father even get her out? I mean, wouldn't he need his 'seller'? I mentally roll my eyes at the term. Asshole should bail her out just because she's his daughter.

I wish she could have a normal father. I wish she could escape him. I fucking hate him. I should kill him. Jesus, Alyx. Not something a police officer's son should be thinking. I mean, does that really sound so bad? Does she want him dead? She'd be free from him forever. I wonder how she really feels about him deep down. Has he always been shitty to her, or was there a time in her life where he was a normal father?

I need to get her to open up more about all of this. About her. I still don't even know that much. Hell, I don't even know her middle name! It seems like every time we talk and ask questions we either end up kissing, or she leaves.

"Alyx?" The sound of my name jerks me away from my thoughts.

"Yeah? Sorry."

"I asked if you were ready."

I do another nervous glance toward the house. "I'll only do this on one condition."

Her brows furrow. "What condition?"

"After we get this over with, you have to answer any questions I want to ask you."

She gives me a straight face, her eyes slowly narrow. "Seriously?"

"Y-yeah," I say, regretting even opening my mouth. Be strong, Alyx. "I won't go in there if you don't."

"No." She grabs the handle, opening the door.

"Wait!" I grab her wrist, stopping her from getting out.

"You didn't have to come. Now you try to pull this shit with me? Blackmail only works if I absolutely needed you, Alyx."

"I wasn't trying to blackmail you, I swear. I just..."

"You just what?"

"I just want to know more. I don't even know your middle name," I mumble.

Her eyes soften. "Shit. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Will you tell me what it is?"

She bites down on her lip. "I'll answer it after."

"Just that?"

She purses her lips. "That and maybe one other question. You are going out on a limb for me."

"Five?" I wager.

A scowl appears on her face. "Two. Don't push your luck," she says in what sounds like a half teasing, half serious tone.

"Fine. But you did say we could do whatever I wanted to afterwards, and I want to ask you questions."

"You know, most guys usually have something else in mind when a girl offers that to them." I mean, that was the first thing that came to mind. I definitely wouldn't mind if we did that, but it still wouldn't change the fact that I have questions that need answered. "Can we go now?"

"Yeah. Well..."

She lets a sigh out. "What now?"

"How are we going to go about doing this? Are you going to break anything to get inside? Or are you going to climb through a window?"