~85~

*Trigger warning!!!! (mentions of abuse, drugs, violence)

Alyx's POV

I ignore my mom all Saturday. I have nothing to say to her. At all. I've had ear buds shoved in my ears since I woke up this morning. She made breakfast when she got home, but I wouldn't come downstairs. She napped throughout the day until she woke up at six to go in for another night shift.

Before she leaves, she knocks on my locked door. "Alyx. I'm leaving." I glance over at my door, waiting for her to go away. I hear her sigh over my music.

I close my eyes and try my hardest to just enjoy the music. Don't think about her being all alone. I wonder if she's ate today. I know I haven't. I haven't even drank anything. I've only left my room to use the bathroom. I honestly feel like shit. I've had a headache for a few hours now. It's probably just due to the lack of food and water. My body kind of hurts, too. It feels tense. I figure from all the adrenaline rushes and shivering I did yesterday.

I let a groan out. My relaxing day was too short lived. Yesterday was going so well until that cop showed up. I think that was the best sex we've had, and it ended like that. The whole ride to the station, Amaya stared out the window. I wanted to reach over and hold her hand, but the dick actually handcuffed us. He even pat me down but thankfully, didn't touch Amaya. I really wouldn't have liked him putting his hands on her.

I wake up later to no music playing in my ears. I click the power button on my phone, and the dead battery symbol shows up. Ugh. I plug it up and climb out of bed, walking out into the hall. I descend the stairs and dig around in the cabinets. I grab a bowl and a box of cereal.

Halfway through the bowl, I hear a loud thud outside the front door. I jump in my seat, dropping my spoon back into the bowl and making milk splash out onto the table. I look over at the stove clock to see it's past midnight. I quietly walk over to the door, peeping out the glass pane first. I don't see anything. The hell? Is some kid playing pranks this late?

I open the door, and I feel a warm weight fall over on my feet. I look down to see a small body curled up with tangled, blonde hair. "Amaya?!"

What the hell? Is this a dream? She has the same clothes on from yesterday. She still hasn't changed? Am I dreaming? I squat down and put a hand on her back. I try to lift her face with my other, but she refuses me, jerking her head out of my grip. I put my hands under her arms to lift her up but struggle due to her being so limp.

"Amaya, get up. What happened? How are you here?"

"W-walked."

"Walked? From where?"

"M-my... uncle's."

"You seriously walked that far?" I try pulling her up again, but her dead weight is making it hard. "Why won't you get up?"

"Hurts."

"Am I hurting you?" I ask, loosening my grip on her. She shakes her head. "What hurts?" She doesn't reply, so I grip her jaw to lift her head up. She jerks away from, shoving my hand away from her. "Why are you acting like this? What happened? Please talk to me."

She slowly lifts her head. Through loose strands of hair, I see tears streaming down her face and a big nasty looking bruise forming on her cheekbone. Her eye is slightly swollen. The corner of her bottom lip is busted with some dry blood lingering around it. Her eyes are dilated and look so lifeless and empty. Dark circles rest under them. My heart aches at the sight. I blink away the tears wanting to escape. I wrap my arms tightly around her, probably crushing her.