~2~

*Slight bullying warning

Alyx's POV

I usually don't get bullied much, but I am a geek. I guess? I don't really look like a typical nerd in my opinion. Whatever that means. I dress in jeans and T-shirts and regular sneakers or converses. Usually, everyone just ignores me and leaves me alone. I'm grateful for that. I'm just trying to get through the day like everyone else. But sometimes, there are days like today.

"Bye, Wes!" I yell while I start to walk home from school because I don't have a car. I guess it's not too big of a deal. My mom can't afford to buy me one right now. Another reason why no girl would go out with me, though. Unless they want to ride on the back of my bike that needs a chain. I'm so embarrassing. At least, we were able to get our schedules today instead of Monday. I know Wes and I are in Calculus together. I wonder what Amaya's schedule is. I wonder if we'll have a class together.

"Later, Alyx. You sure you don't want a ride? I don't care to drop you off." He always offers me rides, but I just feel guilty taking them. He lives on the other side of the small town we live in; I just hate making him go out of his way.

"No, it's cool. I want to walk. I'll see you Monday."

I wonder what I'll do this weekend. Probably the same thing I do every weekend since I have no social life. I'll most likely just sit home and watch anime or play Call of Duty. I wonder if my mom has to work. Probably.

It's just us. I don't know my dad or if he's even alive. My mom never talks about him. She breaks down every time I ask, so I just leave it alone. I don't care anyway. He hasn't been there for me. My mom's parents passed away when I was little, too. Shes an only child, so no uncles or aunts, either. It's really just us.

"Hey, Austin! What are you doing out here?" someone yells, making me tense up.

Damn it! Not today. Why does he always do this? Why can't he ever leave me alone? I keep walking, hoping he'll drop it.

"Whoa, hold on now." He grabs my backpack and yanks me to a stop. I turn around to look at him. Luke Morrison. He's a blonde-haired, six-foot something asshole that loves to harass me. At least it's only after school. "You not going to say anything?"

"My name isn't Austin," I mumble. "It's Alyx." He always calls me anything but my actual name. And I always have to correct him like a dumbass, knowing I'm going to get more shit for it.

"You know I don't give a fuck, so I don't know why you feel the need to tell me every time. Shove your name up your ass for all I care!" he yells in my face. He shoves his shoulder against mine and continues to walk down the sidewalk.

At least that's all he ever does. He never really gets violent. He just likes fucking with me, I guess, but it's really annoying. He hurt my shoulder some. Dick.

I approach my house and take a deep breath going in. It's a pretty nice home. It's a two story, white house with only two bedrooms and two bathrooms, though, one of each on both floors. I got the room upstairs, and I'm glad, even though I didn't really have much of a choice in the matter. My mom took the downstairs room to 'protect me'. If anyone ever breaks in, they would find her first. That wouldn't be very smart of them, though; my mom's a cop.

Speaking of her, she's standing by the kitchen bar when I get inside, and she sees me holding my shoulder when I shut the door. "Oh no! What happened to your arm?" Mom asks, panicking.

I release my arm and reply, "It's nothing, Mom. Wes and I were goofing off outside during lunch, and one of his friends tackled me during a game of football. I'm fine." She looks at me a little skeptical. Damn. She knows I don't do sports. That's the best I could come up with? Really? She interrogates people for a living. She has to know I'm lying. I'm a terrible liar. I just don't want her knowing that anyone is messing with me. She goes into cop mode, and it's not even that serious. It's not like he's beating me up or stealing money from me.

My mom nods and says, "Okay, honey. I'm about to head to the station. I left you some money on the counter to order you something to eat or there's food in the fridge. I love you."

"I love you, too." She gives me a kiss on the cheek and walks out. I'm so glad she bought that and let it slide.

I head upstairs to my room and shut my door. I peel my shirt off and climb into bed, already feeling tired after this long day. I don't feel like eating anything, so I just drift off to sleep.

A/N- Chapter 2 down. yay! Don't worry he's about to actually have some time with Amaya. I'm not going to make you wait forever lol. Leave comments and vote please and let me know what you think.