~15~

Alyx's POV

I sit in her seat and rest my hands on my legs. She turns her music off, and we sit in uncomfortable silence for a minute. I thought she was taking me home, but she pulls down a dirt road and pulls over, parking it. We're surrounded by trees. Why did she bring me out here? Alone? The talk with Wes from earlier comes to mind again, and I panic. Is that why she brought me here? No. No, of course not. She didn't bring me here to sleep with me on the side of the road. Stop thinking like that.

"So," I stop and cough. "Why did we stop here?" She doesn't say anything, so I look over at her. She's staring forward, looking like she's contemplating something.

"Hmm," she says, furrowing her eyebrows. "You've got me thinking."

"What about?"

"You were acting strange in class today. You were really tense, and you didn't write me back. Why?" She looks at me with a slight glare.

"I-I didn't know what to say."

"You could have said 'okay'. Why were you so tense?" she questions.

"You said you remembered everything."

"So?"

"I-" Again, I don't know what to say. This is awkward. I can't handle this. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" she says, confused.

I gulp and look away. I know I'm blushing. I can't help it when she keeps staring at me, though. "For what I did."

"Why are you apologizing for saying that I'm amazing, pretty, and nice? Oh, and brave, too."

"Oh. That's what you were talking about. Okay." I sigh in relief.

Wow. She really does remember. I didn't know that was what she was exactly referring to, though. Does she remember me peeking down her shirt? God, I really hope not.

She has a scheming look on her face, and she starts to smirk. "What? Did you think I was talking about how you looked down my shirt?" My face instantly flushes, and I look anywhere but her. Oh my god. She starts laughing. "No denying it? You couldn't anyway. It was obvious. You're not very subtle." She leans over some and touches my arm, making me tense harder.

I knew she caught me. I didn't expect her to call me out on it, though. This is so embarrassing.

"I'm sorry." I feel her staring at me, but I can't bring myself to look at her.

She laughs some more and says, "It's okay. You're a guy. It's kind of normal."

"It was still inappropriate. I shouldn't have," I mumble, meeting her eyes.

She looks at me, amazed. "You're a really nice guy. You're apologizing for looking when most of the guys I know would have tried to have sex with me."

"I would never do that!" I say a little too loud. She looks taken aback. Damn, that sounded like I'm not interested or into her in that way. "I mean, not that you aren't um a-appealing to me or anything. But you were drunk, and you obviously didn't want... that w-with me," I stutter, staring at my lap. This is the most awkward I've ever felt. I swallow hard before looking up. She has a smile spread across her face.

"Thanks, Alyx," she says. Her phone makes a noise, and she picks it up to read it. She sighs and says, "Want to come with me?"

"W-where?"

"I was on the way to hang out with my friends before I seen you walking. Now, they're wondering where I am." She types back something.

"Which friends?"