~3~

Alyx's POV

The weekend passed, and it's Monday now, which means new classes start today. I get up out of bed after I turn the alarm on my phone off. I take a shower and get out, drying off with my towel. I brush my teeth and my hair. I actually want a ride to school today, so I text Wes. I don't want another run in with Luke this morning.

I feel so nervous today. I'm really hoping I have at least one class with Amaya. I don't even know what I would do. I know we won't be seated anywhere near each other if we have assigned seats. Our last names are so far apart in alphabetical order. Her last name is Brooks, and mine is Reed.

A response from Wes pops up on my phone. 'Be there soon.'

I throw a gray shirt on and some black jeans. I put my shoes on and grab the money off the counter from yesterday. I lock the front door before getting in Wes's car.

"Thanks, man. I really didn't want to walk this morning," I tell him. He tells me it's no bother and turns the radio on while I'm buckling up. I lean my head against the headrest. He grabs the gearstick and pushes the clutch in with his foot, taking off a little too fast. He lets a laugh out and apologizes. He loves this car. I'm happy for him that he was able to get it. His grandpa passed it down to him. I've never driven it since I don't know how to drive a stick shift. Well, I barely know how to drive an automatic, considering I've never really drove anything. She has a personal car, but she never lets me drive it. Only once before. I guess I scared her.

We pull up in his spot at school. I look at Amaya's boyfriend's parking spot to see if they came today. She usually rides with him. I guess he's decent enough to her to give her a ride every day.

She's here. She's leaning against his car in skinny jeans rolled up to her calves and a yellow t-shirt. Her hair is straightened and reaches down to her waist. She's talking to Lexi, and I see Jason come over to her and throw his arm over her shoulder. I immediately look away. I hate seeing him around her. I have no reason to be jealous. She's not mine, but he's no better than Luke. He doesn't really mess with me, but he has pushed other students into lockers and slapped their stuff out of their hands. Immature bullshit. I don't know if he treats her better or not. I just get so infuriated thinking how he could actually be a nice guy to her when I've seen what he can do to other people. How can someone like him be nice at all? I hope he is good to her, though.

"Quit gawking, and let's go. I want to get breakfast before they quit serving." Wes locks his car and heads toward the school. My stomach growls, so I decide to get some with him.

First period went by pretty slow. No Amaya in this class. Or second period. I have third with Wes. Fourth period is gym. It's not so bad. The coach usually lets us sit in the bleachers after we run a few laps. I plan on using this period to do my homework so that I won't have to worry about doing it at home. It's lunch time now, and Amaya isn't in the cafeteria today. It is nice today, so maybe she's outside?

"Hey. Let's go eat outside today," I tell Wes after we get our food.

"Why? Want to see if she's out there?" he snickers but agrees. I feel my face heat up. Of course he pinpoints my reason for wanting to. He always says that I'm the easiest book to read. We walk out the double doors, and I see her almost instantly. Without Jason! Just her friends again. Jason and the other guys must be skipping lunch or haven't shown up yet. I look for an empty table to see two left. One right by theirs and one across the yard. I head to the one further away, but Wes grabs my arm and starts pulling me near their table. What is he doing? No!

"Wes! Stop! Please don't do this," I frantically whisper to him.

"No. Nothing will ever happen if you don't even get within a six-foot radius to her. We're sitting at this table today." Wes pulls a chair out and sits down. I stand still in my spot by the table, trying to contain my heart rate. I pull a chair out and sit down by him. I see how close she is and feel like my chest is going to burst. I quickly look away. She'll most likely notice my staring this close up to her. I don't know if sitting here is a good idea.

"Hahaha! Oh my god! Then what happened?" My ears have never heard such a beautiful laugh. I've seen her from afar laughing, but I've never heard it before. We're close enough to hear what they're talking about. I open my drink and take a sip since my throat has already gone dry.

"I walked away from that bitch. She's lucky she didn't say anything else, or I would have broken her nose. You don't fuck with me or my boyfriend," her friend, Lexi, tells her. Seems like couple drama going on with her and her boy toy.

"He probably did hook up with her, though. Sorry, Lex but he isn't the best guy out there." I quickly glance up to see their faces.

"Whatever, Maya. Like you have room to talk. You think Jace is only fucking around with you?" Lexi asks her. Amaya's lips purse. "That's what I thought. So, don't tell me who's a good guy or not," Lexi says.

I drop my eyes and take a bite of my sandwich. She thinks Jason cheated on Amaya? He probably did. I always knew he wasn't good enough for her.

"You don't have to be like that, Lexi," Elaine says, defensively.

"No. It's whatever. I must've hit a nerve," Amaya says. She sounds kind of calm. Does she not care if it's true? Maybe Jason and her aren't together?

"No. You didn't! You're just mad Dylan actually likes me, and Jace only calls you to fuck!" Lexi angrily whispers. I cringe at her words. I kind of figured she wasn't a virgin anymore, but my stomach churns at the thought of Jason and her together. Like that.

Amaya lets a laugh out. "And you're just mad Dylan has to get high or drunk first before he can have sex with you because you can't get him hard sober." Oh my god.

"Shut up! You said you'd keep it a secret!" Lexi says, panic laced in her voice. "Quit being a bitch."

I will keep it a secret, but you quit being a bitch, too. Plus, it's not like anyone heard," Amaya sighs. I peek one last glance at her to see her staring down at her salad, playing with it with her fork. She doesn't look upset about arguing with her friend, but she could just be wearing a mask.

All of a sudden, I hear Lexi's voice asking, "What the hell are you looking at?" Shit.

A/N- Uh oh! Who is Lexi talking to? Kinda obvious lol. We'll find out next chapter. And btw Jace and Jason are the same person. Jace is just what his friends call him. Please comment and vote!