~40~

Alyx's POV

After I ran home, I regret saying that. No, I don't. Yes, I do. Ugh. No, I don't. It's true. Everything that has happened between us, I've wanted to happen. Maybe after a few dates. Or maybe after I actually got to know her. I still don't really know her. Not how I would like to. I want to know where she came from, where she grew up, and who her parents are. I want to know everything about her. I want to know what made her who she is today.

My body's all flustered and warm. From the kiss earlier and from what all spilled out of my mouth. I embarrassed myself once again, and I sure didn't save myself from any more embarrassment when I talk to her later. What if she does tell me how she feels? What if it's not what I want to hear but what I expect to hear from her? What if it is what I want to hear? From the few things that I have learned about her, will I be ready to be her boyfriend and handle all the things that will come with that title? Jason and Luke's torture? Lexi's demeaning glares? Amaya's mood swings and all her secrets? I let a sigh out. She's a handful.

Oh, well. I guess she'll just be my handful. I can handle it all, no doubt about it. It'll all be worth it. Because I'll have her.

I need to call her. Or at least text her. She really wanted me to talk to her later. She must've really not liked me ignoring her for those few days; I didn't like it, either. I already miss her. I guess I'll call her in a little while. I'm not really sure what to say to her, though. She's the one that needs to tell me something.

I think I'm just going to demand answers from her. If she doesn't answer them, then I'll just avoid her again. It seemed like she didn't want me to do that, so maybe she'll talk then. What the hell? Am I really thinking about blackmailing her? That's low, Alyx. I sigh and rub my face.

"What's wrong?" Mom asks, coming into the kitchen.

I prop my elbow on the counter. "Nothing."

"You look red. Do you have a fever?" She reaches for my forehead with her hand. I know I was feeling hot and flustered, but I didn't know I was sporting a blush.

I dodge her hand and stand from my seat. "No, I'm fine."

"Okay. Did you make up with Maya?"

"Sort of. I'm going to go call Wes," I lie, so she won't get the wrong idea.

"Okay. Take some medicine if you don't feel good."

Once I get upstairs, I sit on my bed and pull my phone out of my pocket. Maybe I should wait a little longer. I plug my phone up to the charger and lay back on my bed. I push my hair out of my eyes and rest my arm behind my head.

~

I wake up at nine thirty in the dark after accidently passing out. Shit. I sit up and grab my phone. I see only a message from my mom.

'I tried waking you to tell you I was leaving for work, but I couldn't get you up. I knew you didn't look good. Take some medicine. I mean it.' She must've turned my light off, too.

I roll my eyes. I'm not sick; I'm just stressing over a girl. The usual. I unlock my phone, open my contacts, and find Amaya's name. I click on the little phone icon. This will be the first time I've called her. I kind of expected her not to answer for some reason, but she picks up on the first ring.

"Hey," she says, sounding relieved.

"Hey."

"I was starting to think you weren't going to call me," she says, jokingly, but she actually sounds kind of nervous. Was she waiting on me to call? "Are you mad at me?"

"No. I accidently fell asleep."

"Did you just wake up?"

"Yeah," I mumble.