fifty one

elodie phillips

My weeks suddenly got better after Draco's note. He was alive, he remembered me, and he loved me.

And as the leaves turned and fell off the trees, things were almost looking up for me.

I was planning on sneaking back to Hogwarts for winter break. It was a great plan.

I opened my desk drawer, quickly grabbing a pen and parchment paper. I scribbled harshly.

Dear Pans,

I'm planning on coming home for break. My parents don't know I'm leaving Beauxbatons, but I'm sneaking back to Hogwarts.

STAY AT HOGWARTS!

I'm dying here. I've made friends but they don't compare to you and the guys. I miss you all so much. 

Also, how is Draco? He has barely written me back.

Love you and miss you,

Elle

I smiled as I folded the envelope and set it on my desk. Things were finally about to start happening.

-

Around 9 pm, as I was cleaning up some of the clutter on my floor, a cheerful knock on the door sounded.

"Come in, Adi," I welcomed, kicking the last few papers under my bed.

I turned to her and smiled, but my jaw dropped as I looked at her. She was wearing a short blue dress, tightly fitted around her entire body.

"What's the occasion?" I asked.

"Get dressed," she answered. "We're going to a party."

"A party?" I asked, walking to my closet. "I didn't know you preppy kids did that."

"Well of course we do. You just have to find the right people," she answered, winking. "Let's see what you got, girl!"

I opened my closet (yes, beauxbatons is that fancy), and looked. I walked inside, peering at my dresses.

I narrowed it down to 2 choices. A slim black one, and a slim emerald one, both similar to Adi's.

"Elle, I'm begging you to wear that black one."

I looked over at her to see her look of approval.

"Please, you'd be so hot," Adi continued.

"Okay, okay," I smiled, taking it off of the hanger. "Let's go to this party."

I quickly walked towards my drawers, where I pulled out the small bottle of alcohol I stole from Adi.

She gasped. "Elle, did you seriously take that from me?"

I smiled, twisting off the cap and taking a sip. "Don't worry about it."

-

I never imagined Beauxbatons having parties, yet here I was, standing with Adi as she gave a special knock. I heard music pounding inside the door, the beat pounding through my feet.

The door opened, unveiling a large room filled with dim lights and drunk students.

"There's a select group of people who know how to party," Adi said into my ear, raising her voice to be heard above the crowd.

We stepped out into the crowd and started walking towards the drinks.

I couldn't help but smirk as I made my way through the crowd.