two

A/N: Elodie is one of the older students in her grade, so the age gap between her and Cedric isn't as bad as it sounds.

—————————————————————————

elodie phillips

Excitement bubbled through me as I boarded the Hogwarts Express. My fourth year at Hogwarts was about to begin, and I couldn't be happier. I quickly walked to an empty compartment, while saying hello to people that passed by. I sat down and sighed happily. Today I'll finally be getting to see Cedric. I haven't seen him all summer and I missed him terribly.

My daydreaming was interrupted when I heard a knock on the compartment door. I looked up and felt a huge grin appear on my face. I couldn't help but get lost in his warm grey eyes.

flashback

3rd year

I laughed at Blaise's stupid remark as I enjoyed my beginning of the year feast. Pansy rolled her eyes and went on to share gossip she had heard over break. As much as I loved Pansy, I became disinterested and found myself zoning out.

I looked around the Great Hall, and it was breathtaking as usual. My eyes slowly made my way to each of the house tables. I saw Ron shoving food down his throat, and Luna putting on her glasses. When my eyes wandered to the Hufflepuff table, they were met with grey ones. It was Cedric Diggory. I smiled and gave a small wave, which was returned by a warm smile.

After the feast, Cedric approached me as I started heading towards the Slytherin common room. I was quite surprised by this but greeted him with a smile.

"You're Elodie Phillips, right?" He asked shyly, to which I replied with a nod. "Well I must say, you're even more breathtaking than what people say you are."

I blushed furiously and giggled. "That's really sweet of you Cedric, thank you."

"I hope I'm not being too bold, but I would love it if you were to spend a day at Hogsmeade with me."

I smiled and was already very excited at the idea. "Yes! I'd love to," I replied.

"Great," he answered. He gave me an awkward smile and wave before he turned around to head to his own common room. I shook my head and laughed.

end of flashback

"Cedric!" I exclaimed cheerfully as I threw myself into his arms. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight embrace. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too, my love. I'm sorry I didn't answer your letters as much as I should've," he apologized. At this moment, I was too happy to be angry at such a little thing like that.

"You're okay Ced. You're here with me and that's what matters right now. Please, tell me all about your summer."

Cedric started to go on about Quidditch. What stuck out the most to me was when he started talking about the World Cup and the death eater invasion. Although I love Quidditch, I wasn't able to make it this year. If I'm being honest, I'm glad.

I loved listening to Cedric talk, and I was interested in hearing everything he had to say. When he asked me how I kept myself busy over the summer, I started to talk about my garden and astronomy studies.