one

A/N: I will be switching the POV throughout the story. I will always specify which perspective you are reading in.

This book has two authors, the other being alysiamalfoystyles She helps pick out music and creates plot points! I'm typically the one to put it all into words:)

This first section is written in the 3rd person POV

————————————————————————

Elodie Phillips is a girl who is loved by all. She is loved by her parents, her friends, and anyone who crosses paths with her. People envy Elodie. She is perfect, she is golden.

She is gorgeous. Her skin glows radiantly. Her dark brown hair flows smoothly every time she walks. Her hazel eyes are captivating. Everywhere she went, you can see her charming butterfly necklace gently dangle from around her neck.

Her parents are named Estelle and Dominic. They love Elodie with all of their hearts. They are loving and welcoming.

Her father is a Death Eater and is one of Voldemort's right-hand men. Estelle was the only one who knew this, and they decided it would be best not to tell Elodie. They knew Voldemort would try to coerce Elodie into joining him later on, and they wanted to deal with that when it came.

This did not change anything in the family, as Elodie's father would sacrifice himself for her any day.

They live in the most beautiful manor in the hills. They are surrounded by enchanting gardens, where radiant golden butterflies flutter. There is one particular spot that Elodie loves. A large stone gazebo, overturned with vines that sprouted gorgeous flowers. A statue of a woman and child lay in the middle of the gazebo. This resembled Elodie and her mother. Her father had it carefully constructed after Elodie was born. It is gorgeous, and Elodie finds great peace there.

Similar to her family, Elodie was sorted into Slytherin in her first year at Hogwarts. She is loved by all, even though she was in "the evil house". Elodie broke the evil stereotype that is often associated with her house.

Elodie is very ambitious and goal-oriented. She strives for success and wants to be just as successful as her family. After all, her mother is a famous alchemist who discovered many great things. Elodie has a lot to live up to, and she was not ready to disappoint her family.

Elodie is kind to all, and her attitude is something others look up to. Pansy and Blaise are her best friends, they tell each other everything. Everyone loved Elodie, except for one.

Draco Malfoy loathed Elodie. In his eyes, she was the Hermione Granger of Slytherin. A worthless, know-it-all, goodie goodie. Everything about her got on his nerves. She was a disgrace to the pureblood status, and to the Phillips name. No pureblood should be humble about their status and certainly should not go around congregating with mudbloods.

Most of all, Draco was jealous of Elodie. In fact, a lot of people were. Of course, Elodie did not take pride in this, as she wanted everyone to love themselves. But Draco was especially jealous of the love she had in her life. There was so much of it. Couldn't she spare some for the ones that needed it most?

It was ridiculous, how much confidence she carried. It was sickening to watch her smile at almost everyone she passes. It was revolting how she talked to others with such a genuine and pure tone. Draco hated everything about her. She was so perfect that it was almost annoying.

In their first through third year at Hogwarts, Draco would constantly bring Elodie down. He tripped her, dropped her books, made rude remarks, and all things unbearable. The way Elodie dealt with it was so infuriating to Draco.

Instead of snapping back or getting a reaction, Elodie just simply smiled and picked up her things. She seemed unbothered. While it was clear she didn't particularly like Draco, she was never rude. She never did anything to get back or get revenge.

As for now, Elodie has a perfect life. She is happy and is now entering her fourth year. This is where our story begins.

———————————————————————————
A/N: Here is the image that was my inspiration for her special gazebo.

I'm so excited to write this book for you guys! I have a really good feeling about how this is going to turn out. Most chapters will be longer than this intro, this was to give you guys some background. Happy reading:)

 Happy reading:)