22

L I L Y

We spend close to an hour playing another round of twenty questions before Grey announces it's time for dinner. My stomach sings like a whale at the thought. Thankfully, no one hears it but me. I think.

I follow the boys to the dinning room with wandering eyes. Since I've got here it feels like all I've done is gape at their home, but I can't help it. It's the prettiest, most homely home I've ever seen.

It's warm and cosy in a way I've never experienced. The picture frames covering the walls, the old drawings on the fridge, the schedule pinned to the kitchen door with everyone's everyday tasks, the shoe rack filled to the brim, the personal belongings scattered around every room.

A homely home. It's lived in, it's comforting, it projects love in looks alone. A home worlds away from the house I barely survive in.

Leo is by my side like glue as we take our seats at the large oak table big enough to hold the entire street. I'm gaping again, I can't help it. This room is mesmerising. All white walls and gold accents with a giant shiny chandelier hanging in the centre of the ceiling. There's roses and lilies in vases on the dainty good shelves.

They must really love their flowers. I think, judging by the garden and the driveway and now here. My mouth opens as a soft "wow" escapes me. It's beautiful, so elegant and warm. Inviting in a way I never knew a house could be.

Leo sits to my right as one of the twins take the seat to my left, I can't remember which one, but judging by the longer hair I think it's Killian. As identical as they are, there's some slight differences if you look hard enough.

Kaden's hair is shaved at the sides and he dresses more sporty in basketball tees and shorts, even his school uniform has a slight sloppiness to it.

Killian's hair is long down to his ears and has more curls than his twin. He speaks softer and more proper without the use of the words dude and bro. Where Kaden is sporty with his style, Killian is comfort with his knitted cardigans and linen pants.

I take a glance to my left, trying to be discreet. Yeah, I think to myself as I take in the curls and the sunflowers embroidered into the cardigan. It's Killian.

In his Lakers shirt, Kaden takes the seat beside his twin while Ace, Alex and the two C's sit across from us.

Zac and Grey come from the kitchen to the dining room with trays of food in their hands. Zac pops a tray of odd looking bread with holes in it in the centre of the table before sliding into the chair at the head.

"I hope you like pasta, bambina," Grey smiles at me. In his hands there's a large tray of long lacey looking things in an off white sauce. Pasta, I assume.

I don't think I've ever tried pasta, but going by the smell I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

"Thank you." I say, returning his smile. "It smells really good."

"It's our nonna's recipe." Grey continues. I have no idea what a nonna is, I'm guessing some kind of cook book. "Spaghetti carbonara and garlic focaccia. Help yourself, tesoro."

Leo fills my plate as well as his own with what I can only describe as a mountain of laced pasta and a couple of pulled off strips of the green looking holed bread.