back | 10| 1/2

*this chapter holds a special place in my heart, I hope you guys like it <3* 

*Jungkook: 15*

Past

Jungkook nibbled on his lips and looked down at his shoes, his body was shivering as if the temperature is in minus but there were beads of sweat on his forehead and his palms were also sweaty as if its summer. 

The time didn't seem to pass. There were nurses rushing in and out of the OT. But they wouldn't tell him anything. His inner instincts told him that nothing is right. There's something wrong. Things aren't going right. He just couldn't think of anything good even after several tries. The atmosphere was also thick. He was alone at the point. His mother was inside the operation probably delivering a child, his father was out of the country for business. The 15-year-old was alone in the hospital trying to stay along with her family. 

"wh-" he was cut off by a high-pitched scream, making him gasp and his eyes widened. He stood up quickly and covered his mouth with his palms. "Oh my-" He couldn't express his happiness. He heard the cry of the baby coming from the OT. He threw his arms in the air too happy at hearing his sibling's cry. The first cry and the last cry that would make him happy. because he knew he would never let his sister or brother cry. He already felt a connection in his heart.

Another couple of minutes later a doctor finally came out of the operation theatre. Jungkook quickly stood up. The doctor was carrying a baby in her hand, who was wrapped around in a soft white towel. Jungkook smiled happily and looked at the child. 

" congratulations you're the older brother of your little sister" The doctor smiled at him. As Jungkook hesitantly forwarded his hand. The doctor nodded and handed him the baby. "careful" she spoke as Jungkook carefully held the baby in his hand. He glances at his sister and smiles softly. Her figure was so delicate. She looked so weak, like harsh touch and she might break in his arms. He was being very cautious with her. She had cute chubby and pink cheeks. her skin was pale and eyes were closed. The soft towel had covered her exquisite body. Jungkook badly wanted to kiss her forehead or cheeks but he couldn't, he was scared he might hurt her. 

Finally after 15 years, he got the opportunity to become an older brother. He cannot lose her at any cost. 

He looked at the doctor with tears in his eyes. He was looking like a lost kid. "she's very weak, take good care of her" she told her. "w-what about mom?" he asked. The doctor's smile fell at the mention of the kid's mother. "s-she couldn't m-make it.... I'm sorry" 

Jungkook felt his heart sink and drop in his stomach. H stumbled backwards but regained his balance remembering he is carrying his sister in his arms. Jungkook's smile fell and his lips turned downwards. "she- w-what.?" he asked her trying to make it clear. when he got his sister, his mother died?

"n-no! She's my mom! s-she has to come! w-what will happen to the baby if she isn't here!?" he screamed in tears. Suddenly the baby started crying loudly on hearing the loud noises. he looked perplexed and didn't understand what to do. He rocked her in his arms, thinking it might be the only to keep her quite. Finally after a few second, she got silent. 

Jungkook trailed towards the bench and sat down with the baby in his arms. 

"we need to keep the baby under observation now... please hand her over and I-I'm sorry" she apologetically said and carried the baby to the observation center. Jungkook covered his face with his palms and started crying and suddenly his phone went off. He looked at the screen and saw his fathers name show up. He picked it up with a heavy heart and pulled it near his ear.