It's Okay | Adam x Alt!Reader

Requested: Calcifer_the_fire

Warnings: Arguing.

----

"Dude, I don't know what you want from me!" Jonah yelled.

"I'm as serious now as I've ever been!" He continued.

"This whole time, huh?" Adam asked in an annoyed tone. 

"So you fucking with me was you being serious?" Adam growled from upstairs.

You watched closely, listening to the argument. 

From what you knew; those two boys were close. But all of that seemed to be going down hill now, luckily enough for you.

"Shame.." You thought.

You sighed, disappointed that you felt anything other than the urge to kill.

"I get that I screw around some times, okay? But that's just what I do," Jonah snapped back defensively. What a horrible excuse.

"Well, maybe it shouldn't be."

You hid behind a pillar, your pupils growing bigger as the argument went on. You wanted to see where this was going to go.

"Look man, I'm just as devastated that I'm not as broken as you still are, with everything that's happening and I'm sorry that I can't keep helping you carry this burden."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Adam asked.

"But, I'm reaching my limit here! These things have taken so much away from us—yet you still run to them every chance you get," Jonah cried. He was having his moment.

"No I don't-"
He was quickly cut off.

"Fucking listen to me! You're not invincible, okay? I know you thought that when we started doing these fucking..death marches, and nothing happened and I get it! But this right here is real and you should know that more than anybody."

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

The next thing said made your eyes go wide.

"I wish we never looked for your [redacted], because she is dead and gone and we were never going to get her back!!" Jonah yelled.

You shook your head disapprovingly. Adam looked up, almost spotting you, but quickly looked back at the radio.

"What did you just fucking say to me?"

"And I'm sorry that these are the lives that we lead today, but Adam, if you walk down those stairs you'd be joining her, and if by some miracle you came back out I don't think you'd be yourself," Jonah said.

Maybe he was wrong about that..

"I'm telling you right now, that I won't be here to confirm that."

The radio cut off. He had left him. 

Adam was in a fit of rage, and he decided to walk down stairs dispite his friend's warnings.

You shifted in the dark, creeping closer to get a better look at this "brave" individual.

"Get them, (y/n)"

A voice whispered in your head.

You resisted and pushed it out of your mind. You wanted to do nothing but observe.

Adam had his back turned to you as he read, "nothing is work the risk" written on the walls.

You wrote that, trying to warn people who came down here so they wouldn't end up like you. Imprisoned and force to kill the creatures that you once were. The populace.

You quietly walked up to Adam, him not noticing you. There was no doubt in your mind that the feeling of overwhelming dread became unbearable as you drew closer. That was always a little warning to the prey from the alternates.

And it seems he sensed the uneasy.

Adam gasped, turned around, and screamed seeing your half shaded face.

He was quick to scramble back, but you towered over him nonetheless.

"Stay back!" Adam yelled, trying to sound confident. But you heard the pure terror in this boy's voice.

You put your hands up in defense.

"I won't h̸͇̟̫̯̠̒̇͘ͅù̷͖̥̬̿̑̿̄̓͌̾r̷̹̣̲̳̣͙̯̰͒̊ͅt̵̡̛͖̖̠͉̳̭͕̞̀̇͒̀͂̓̏͌͝ͅ you, Adam!" You replied monotonely,  even thought you tried to sound kind..

You reached your arms out and wrapped them around Adam.

He struggled, trying to get you off of him. Adam hit and clawed at your back, but you didnt budge.

Fearing for his life.

Soon, Adam gave up an accepted his fate.

"I heard what J̴̨̹͕͈̪̭̹̮́̎͊̊̿͋̑̈ŏ̸̯͇̌͛͌̒̒̆͌n̷͙͍̺̳̤̜͠a̶̧̛̭̣͕͖̫͆̔̋̄h̶̛̟̅̈͑̎͗͗̕̚͝ said to you about your ____." You whispered.

"I'm sorry."

Adam scoffed, "You aren't tricking me. You're trying to catch me off guard so you can kill me."

"No, Ḯ̶̧̧̛̖͎̬͈͙̖͑̏͝͝'̸̧̨̺̭͚̃̓͐̔̀͋̓̑ͅm̵̨̨̛͓͔͙̂̅͗̉̑̂́ ̷͇̳̦̈́̿n̴̗̬͙̮̹̜̼̫̒̏̒͐̈o̷̱͎̹̾͆̊̂̐͆̅̕͘͠t̴̡̨͍̗̻̣̫͙̞͕́͒!̸̡̞̦̺̲̫͗̎͐̀̅̑͝ͅ" You whispered.

You sat on the ground, Adam going with you since he was hesitant about disobeying you.

"Now r̶̼̮̲͍̿̔̐̎̋ë̴̛̟͈̥̣̹̦̮̘̭́͛̅s̴̛̘̘͓̻̥̣̗͌̒̀̿͋̆t̸̡̛̤͉̞̀̈͌̊̎̃̚͜͝.̶̢͔̠͕̯͕̮͇͔̀̍̊̇̉͌͋̍.̷͎͖̤͔͍̰̮͒̓̆̏͠.̴̼̠̣̳̳̟̯͈̈."

There was silence, the only thing that could be heard was Adam's slow, breathing.

"Your voice is creepy."

"I can change my mind about keeping you."

"Sorry."