🍵𝙲𝚊𝚏𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗☕

--YINU_

Paring: Ruth and Reader - Platonic

Requested [ Yes / No ]

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

I pulled down the sun visor in the cop car as I drove down the nearly vacant roads of Mandela County. Ruth sat in the passenger seat quietly as we drove to the precinct. "L/n," my radio rang out. Suddenly Ruth was all ears and aware of her surroundings. "10-10, physical fight, on Christ Road, copy?" I huffed and grabbed my radio that rested in the cop holder. "Copy 10-4!" I said as I turned the car onto the right path of Christ Road. "And I thought today was going to be slow," Ruth muttered. "Especially here in Mandela County," I said with a soft chuckle.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I pulled over the car and quickly opened the door. You could hear the shouting from inside the car, they were loud. I quickly ran to the house and almost froze as I heard two shots fired. Ruth also heard it as she got out of the car, ripping off her radio. "Officer Weaver here. Shots fired, 10-32!"

I quickly ran up to the porch and bursted through the door and just as quickly pulled out my gun. "POLICE! HANDS IN THE AIR!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Ruth came in not far behind. I split entered a living room and she entered a kitchen. "Hands in the air!" Ruth shouted before a shot was fired. I rushed to the kitchen, gun still drawn and in position, and made sure Ruth was okay.

Luckily, she was, but some woman was on the ground. A pistol laid next to her as her wrist bleed and she scrambled to get up upon my arrival. "Shit," I muttered. "Thought you got shot there." Ruth huffed. "Close to it." Ruth walked over to the woman and hoisted her up, not forgetting to explain her right to "remain silent" and "anything you say or do can and will be used against you in the court of law."

As we searched the house we found a younger man, in his teen years, cowering in his closet. We need up taking them to the precinct were it was presumed that the mother attempted to kill her son. Tch.
.
.
.

I huffed and stuffed my uniform into my locker. Ruth doing the same with hers. A soft line of sweat dropped down my face at the thought of today. What a close call for Ruth. She was probably just as tense as I was, and she needs some relaxing. Ruth does a lot. "Ruth," I started. Her head turned to mine with a quilted brow and a soft hum. "Would you like to catch a cup of coffee with me?" I offered politely, smiling softly. Ruth smiled back and accepted my offer.

"The local coffee shop, Angel Cafe?" Ruth asked as she hung a little bag over her shoulder loosely. I hung a small backpack over both of mine. "Yes ma'am!" Ruth chuckled. "Let's go then, dont be a slow poke," Ruth teased as she walked faster out of the changing room and swiftly made her move to the precinct doors. I huffed with a smirk and followed closely after her.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This coffee shop was new, and it had such a nice aesthetic. This was definitely a nice cafe, and it had a relaxing vibe. It was dimly lit and there was soft music wafting throughout the shop. Ruth seemed to read my mind. "I'm really liking this place so far," she broke the silence. I nodded and looked around some more. The color was nice. It seemed to have a forest type vibe for the tables and bar were made out of dark oak, and realistic vines hung from the ceiling.

The vines weren't hung dangerously low, and they obviously weren't real because they had little lights attached to them. There was only one waitress working tonight, but it seemed as if we were the only ones present. I mean, it was dangerous to be going out during these times. The alternates.

The waitress came around and I got to get a good look at her. Light brown, fluffy hair, dark skin, golden circular glasses, and a barista outfit with a notepad. Her clothing chose fit perfectly with this coffee place, for her outfit was a light brown that fit her well. It made her hair pop. "Hello!" She softly greeted. "What can I get you this evening?" Ruth glanced at me, seeing if I was going to order first, but I let her. "A dark coffee please," she asked politely. The lady nodded.

Her head turned to me. I glanced down at her name tag. Nimbus? Hmm. "I'll have a [coffee or tea of your choice], please." Nimbus nodded and responded with a quick "right away" before scurrying off. Honestly, they were very adorable!
.
.
.
Soon out coffee arrived. Ruth and I chatted, mostly about family, travles, future plans, and over all thoughts. Then a certain question popped up. "What would you do if something happened to me?" Asked my Ruth. There was a long pause as I stopped drinking my [tea/coffee] and almost spit it out. "Probably have the same issues that you have. Say, you were dying, I'd be dying as well," I responded. Ruth hummed, seeming interested in my unusual answer. "I mean, you are my friend, right?" Ruth nodded.
.
.
.
Not too long after, we paid (ruth insisted on paying or splitting). I drove her home since it was dark already and she walked home. Ruth waved me goodbye and told me to have a good night with I happily returned. Honestly, if something did happen to her I would probably feel 3/4 of what she would feel. Ruth was my best friend, only friend, after all.