Idk whst to name this chapter💀

It was Friday night, and J was home alone. I had just finished watching a movie and was about to head to bed when I heard a strange noise coming from the other room. I shrugged it off, thinking it was just the wind, but the noise continued. It sounded like someone was whispering, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. As I sat there wondering what the strange noise could be, I suddenly heard a voice that sounded like my mother's.

"Honey, are you okay?" the voice asked. I jumped up from my seat, my heart pounding in my chest. I knew my mother wasn't there, but the voice sounded so real. I walked towards the sound, feeling a sense of unease building inside me. As I entered the living room, I saw something that made my blood run cold. Standing in front of me was a creature, tall and dark, with glowing grey eyes. It stared at me, and I could feel its gaze piercing through me. Before I could even scream, the creature spoke in a voice that sounded like my mother's.

"Hello, sweetie. Don't be afraid. It's just me." I froze, unable to believe what was happening. The creature's voice sounded exactly like my mother's, but something was off. It sounded too forced, too fake. I backed away slowly, my heart racing, and the creature followed me, still speaking in my mother's voice. "Come here, darling. I just want to give you a hug." I knew then that this creature wasn't my mother. It was something else, something dangerous. Panic set in, and I turned to run, but the creature was too fast. It grabbed me by the arm, and I felt its cold, clammy skin against mine. I struggled to break free, but it was no use.

The creature's grip was too strong for me to escape from. As I looked into its glowing grey eyes, I saw something that made me shudder. It wasn't just mimicking my loved ones' voices; it was taking their form, too. I saw my father's face, my sister's, my best friend's. They all stared back at me, their pupils wide like the creature's. I knew then that I had to fight back. With all my strength, I pushed against the creature, and it stumbled backward. I took my chance and ran towards the front door, not looking back until I was outside. As I stood in the cool night air, I realized that I had narrowly escaped that alternate. I shuddered at the thought of what could have happened if I hadn't been able to fight back. From that night on, I never let my guard down, always listening for any voice that didn't sound quite right. I knew that the alternate was out there, waiting for its next victim.

For the past few days, I became more and more paranoid. Every noise made me jump, every voice made me wonder if it was really them. I started to avoid people, even my closest friends and family, because I didn't know who or what was real. I spent most of my time alone, researching the alternates, looking for weaknesses. One night, as I was sitting in my living room, I heard a voice that sounded like my best friend's. "Hey, it's me. Can I come in?" the voice asked. I hesitated for a moment, my heart racing, but then I remembered that my friend had a key to my house. I got up to let him in, and sure enough, it was him. I felt a sense of relief wash over me, but at the same time, I knew that I couldn't let my guard down.

The next few weeks were filled with more close calls.I would hear a voice that sounded like my mother's, only to realize that she wasn't there. I would see a figure that looked like my sister, but when I got closer, it would disappear. Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore. I knew that I had to confront the alternate, to face my fear head on. But it got to me before I got to it.