In Touch | N x Touch Starved!Reader

Requested: Strawthescarecrow
[Update 6/14/23]
- changed ending

How long has it been? Days, weeks, months, years?

You haven't socialized with anyone for what seems like forever now. Not coming into physical contact or verbal made your mind scramble since this feeling was new. A feeling of being alone.

You never even looked in the mirror which frightened you. Not being in contact with the outside world had negative effects and seemingly only one positive one.

You stood there, in your living room, brushing the hair out of your face. It felt greasy and frazzled. You quickly took your hand away and just thought. That's what you've been doing a lot now lately. Thinking.

You sighed and fell to your knees.

These things -they've taken a huge toll on you. Your physical and mental health. You couldn't see your friends, Jonah, Adam, Cesar and Mark. But that was because they were dead. Well presumed dead for they no longer answered your calls. 

It was too much to think about, but that's all there was to think about.

You just wanted someone to hold you, to hug you. Your friends were always good at that. Mostly Cesar and Jonah.

A question kept lingering in your mind. What if they're an alternate now? They could be running to your house right now to kill you. But you wouldn't know.

You sighed and held your face in your hands and squeezed. A headache was starting to form and that's the last thing you needed.

Suddenly you heard a bang from your garage. It quickly snapped you out of your suffocating thoughts..

What the fuck?

You silently went over to the garage door, in the hall. You hesitated as you placed your hand on the knob. You could just run and leave the house. But that this time in the night? No. Just as dangerous.

It cannot be. Can it? What should I do. Maybe it's just a animal -a large one- that got into my garage somehow..

You swung the door open. A figure that was hunched over halted all of its movement and turned itself to you. With your voice caught in your throat you softly closed the door and acted like nothing happened
.
.
.
.
.

That was until 5 claws slashed a sizable whole through your door. Now imagine if that was you!

You never dared to take your eyes off of this beast, but it wasn't like a stray rabid dog. It was smarter than any dog. It used to be human.

A huff left your lips before you decided. Run. You sprinted for the stairs that were right behind you but an hand grabbed you before you even touched the first step. 

This can't be happening..

You tried to tug and pull away, but nothing availed. The claws started to dig into your flesh, deeper and deeper with every pull and tug. You could only let a few tears fall from your tired eyes as your back landed on the alternate. You gave in.

You waited to feel more pain, maybe your neck getting snapped, getting stabbed through the back and into the stomach. But after a few minutes nothing happened.

Nothing.

Two arms wrapped around you and held you close. The claws that were on the end now retracted and safely tucked away.

You almost shivered at the feeling of natural warmth. Warmth from one that was living and had a bearing heart. Was this a dream come true?

You gasped as the hands suddenly slid up your neck. Maybe this wasn't a dream. A nightmare instead. The hands squished and squeezed your face, feeling around it.

You didn't dare  move but you wondered if it was an actual alternate. It had to be, no human could look so much like an animal like the first time you both encountered.

It was really an alternate.

They quickly grabbed you again, like a pray mantis grabbing its food.

They actually hugged you this time.

You were shocked, but after you didn't feel pain shoot through your entire body, you hugged it back.

It was another person holding you.

You haven't been held in forever.

You smiled and hugged tighter, happy that you finally felt another 'human'.

The alternate then lifted you up and sat down on the sofa, still cradling you like a baby.

It then laid down and held you close. You felt joy for once, it was... nice.

They had very strong arms, you realized.

They were squeezing you tightly, but not so tight you couldn't breathe.

It made you feel safe. 

But you realized that you should've waited to hug it, since you felt a sharp pain in your stomach and on your back. I guess those strong arms could pack a punch. One that can go right through you.